Job Location: Poona
Organization & Department Overview
The Securities Master Central (SMC) is responsible for providing authoritative sources of securities indicative data to our clients across the organization, through implementing state of the art technologies and operational processes which promote the collection, storage, analysis, and distribution of product, pricing, account and corporate action data. SMC BA team is tasked with the enhancement to the system including integration of vendor feeds, data model enhancement and updates to existing data from vendors. This may involve analyzing multiple data sets manually or engineering automated solutions. The overall objective of this role is to understand business needs & conduct data analysis
- Data Analysis for complex systems and front to back flows
- Reverse engineering functional specifications from data
- Work closely with End Users/Clients to understand Business Process/Industry Standards/Regulatory Mandate requirements.
- Work closely with IT and Operations partners
- Work with external data vendors (i.e., Bloomberg, Reuters, IDC, Markit, etc) and standards organizations
- Able to execute projects Independently
- Conduct Systems Integrated Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Create Function Specification Documents (FSD), System Requirement Specification (SRS), and test plans
- Mentor and coaching lower level analysts
- Working experience of 7 to 11 years. as Business Analyst or Data Analyst
- Strong background in financial reference data and capital markets asset classes such as fixed income, equities and derivatives
- Experience working with major vendor data providers (i.e., Bloomberg, Reuters, IDC, Markit)
- Strong SQL knowledge required (able to query data, analyze and troubleshooting)
- Strong Data analysis and Mapping skill
- Data Oriented with an excellent attention to detail
- Experience/understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, systems development lifecycle
- Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications
- Must possess good communication skills with the ability to be assertive
- Ability to focus on high quality work while under pressure
- Experience utilizing various SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, Agile (JIRA etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Testing Lifecycle with SIT, UAT, and Production.
Job Family Group:
Business Analysis / Client Services
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO is the Law poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting