Job Location: Cochin
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
- Overall years of experience 5+
- Relevant years of experience 5+
- Graduate — bachelor’s degree — preferably in service industry and/or related discipline
- Essential Graduation
Job Summary & Essential Functions of the Job
As a candidate, you will collaborate with business, reporting, and other teams to understand business requirements and perform data analysis. Get involved and Lead in project transitions from different teams, do enhancements and modification post transition when needed. You will work in more than one project with back end data architects and systems engineers to construct data objects necessary for supporting business requirements. You will also apply specialized knowledge to support the organization’s vision and direction, serving as your team’s subject matter expert.
Additionally, you will:
- Create SSIS/SQL packages to extract, transfer and load data , supporting and trouble-shooting existing ETL processes using SSIS
- Ability to work with complex data sets comprising of multiple sources to provide an integrated view.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and coordinate between teams from different service lines
- Analyse and create complex SQL and SSIS packages as needed to support new and evolving data integration projects and data extracts needed for further processing in Data Analytics
- Design and support database and table structures for new and evolving sources of data
- Coordinate development of ETL/data warehouse best practices needed to support new and evolving sources of data used in reporting, transaction processing and Analytics
- Perform extensive and detailed data analysis necessary to ensure strict adherence to data quality
- Participate in production support and code deployment outside of regular business hours
- Take on end-to-end ownership and perform different roles within analysis and development phases
- Set and manage expectations with clients while providing proactive communication and status updates; prioritize deliverables with client/requestor, and follow/implement change control and release management processes
- Adhere to general work requirements and perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to analyse large sets of data and determine patterns and rules for organizing and Prepare Visualization dashboards using Power BI
Technical skills/tools requirement
- Power BI, SQL, SSIS, ETL, Excel, VBA, Macro, MS Office, Automation
- More than 5 years of experience advanced knowledge as a data analyst and/or SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 T-SQL /SSIS developer /ETL Developer
- More than 3 years of working knowledge in Power BI Visualization tool.
- Working knowledge in MS Excel Macros will be added advantage
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a related field
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Expert level in SQL, Database designing, ETL SSIS, Power BI
- Ability to reverse-engineer existing SQL code to determine business logic and create source-to-target mapping documents
- Advanced working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software, email, and specialized business applications necessary for Visualization
- Experience using data warehouse with underlying SQL databases and analytical tools for business purposes
- Ability to read and interpret complex reports and documents
- Ability to assimilate and interpret various sources of data, as well as to provide and make decisions on recommendations to executive management to solve highly complex problems from start to finish
- Knowledge of multidimensional Cubes will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of SharePoint based data sources.
Desired Soft skills
- Presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and facilitate discussions with all levels of management
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other business areas as required
- Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.