Job Location: Cochin
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Assistant Manager: Valuation, Modeling & Economics
- Leading a team of financial modellers who are engaged in the development and review of financial models. Managing client relationship with various user offices across MENA region and actively taking part in business development initiatives of the firm.
- Liaising with the onshore team and acting as a single point of contact in project execution and delivery.
- Being responsible for acting as a mentor for 2–3 member team and responsible for their career growth within the firm.
- Develop and review of financial models for purposes including strategic planning; feasibility study, capital allocation; transaction support; mergers and acquisitions; investment appraisal; financial accounting and reporting purposes.
- Have an eye for detail to assess the model for its accuracy, viz, arithmetical, and logical flow of items in the model and raising the review observations to ensure quality.
- Identify issues and propose strategies related to the procedures executed
- Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business
- Managing and motivating teams of professionals with diverse skills and backgrounds and fostering a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrating in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Maintaining long-term client relationships and networks and cultivating business development opportunities
- Use current technology and tools to innovate and enhance the effectiveness of services provided and act as a leader in adopting new tools and techniques
- Work in a highly regarded team, which values collaboration, respect and knowledge sharing
- Work in close collaboration with other Strategy and Transaction teams and the wider firm
What we look for:
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- You are highly motivated. We’re looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion in providing financial solutions and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client’s goals.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting; Masters preferred
- CA / CFA preferred or MBA (preferably from a premier institute) with a good academic background
- 6-10 years of related work experience
- Experience with a venture capital, investment banking, commercial banking, or national accounting firm; experience in a financial modeling practice is preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Ability to create innovative, robust and flexible financial model solutions based on client’s financial and operational information to provide insight into client decisions
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- A strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to new challenges in a collaborative team environment
- A strong desire to continually develop themselves and others
- Ability to successfully manage engagements including the work of team members, client interaction, quality of service and expenditures against budget and revenue
- Ability to provide best practice financial modeling guidance to team members to ensure the completion of work deliverables at the highest level of quality
- Superior skills in MS Excel with VBA skills and Exposure to various Analytics tools including Spotfire, Tableau, Altryx would be preferred
- General PC proficiency including Word, and PowerPoint
- We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of your assigned office location at least 50% of the time, plus commute within the region to other GDS locations on a short or long-term basis, whenever required.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.