Job Location: Cochin
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Power BI Senior– Consulting
As part of our GDS Consulting team, you will be part of Digital & Emerging team delivering specific to Microsoft account. You will be working on latest Microsoft BI technologies and will collaborate with other teams within Consulting services.
We’re looking for resources with expertise in Microsoft BI, Power BI, Azure Data Factory to join the group of our Data Visualization team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading firm whilst being instrumental in the growth of our service offering.
Your key responsibilities
- Responsible for managing multiple client engagements.
- Ability to understand and analyse business requirements by working with various stakeholders and create the appropriate information architecture, taxonomy and solution approach
- Work independently to gather requirements, cleansing extraction and loading of data using SSIS,
- Experience designing and building complete ETL/SSIS/Azure Data Factory processes moving and transforming data for ODS, Staging, and Data Warehousing
- Translate requirements from the business and analyst into technical code
- Exhibit report creation, visualization and tuning of data using SSRS.
- To appropriate modelling data, develop and deploy BI Dashboard,
- Good at SQL Schema Design, Database Schema Design, Stored procedures, function and T-SQL.
- Ability to prototype visualizations, scorecards, KPI using Power BI
- Good to have technical nnowledge on Data Bricks/Data Lake. Scala/Spark/SQL
- Has basic knowledge on Azure Machine Learning Services
Skills and attributes for success
- Collaborating with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments and other documents/templates.
- Able to manage Senior stakeholders.
- Experience in leading teams to execute high quality deliverables within stipulated timeline.
- Skills in Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Power BI
- One or more of the following databases: Oracle, SQL, Azure SQL.
- Good to have skills: SSAS or Azure SSAS
- Excellent Written and Communication Skills
- Ability to deliver technical demonstrations
- Quick learner with “can do” attitude
- Demonstrating and applying strong project management skills, inspiring teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree
- A minimum of 6-10 years of experience, preferably background in a professional services firm.
- Excellent communication skills with consulting experience preferred
Ideally, you’ll also have
1. Analytical ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks into manageable work products.
2. Can operate independently or with minimum supervision
What working at EY offers
At EY, we’re dedicated to helping our clients, from start–ups to Fortune 500 companies — and the work we do with them is as varied as they are.
You get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality and knowledge exchange. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.