Job Location: Telangana
A Data Engineering Manager is responsible for leading a team of data & visualization engineers in the design, development, and maintenance of the data infrastructure, pipelines and visualizations that support the organization’s data analytics and reporting needs. The role requires hands-on experience with data warehousing, ETL development and Python, as well as expertise in big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software engineering and experience leading data engineering teams.
Lead a team of data & visualization engineers in the design and development of scalable, high-performance data pipelines and architectures, and dashboards to support the organization’s data & visualization needs
- Ensure data is accurate, reliable, and accessible to support business requirements
- Manage and mentor a team of data engineers, including setting performance goals, providing guidance and support, and conducting performance evaluations
- Work closely with data scientists, analysts, and other stakeholders to understand the organization’s data needs and ensure that the data infrastructure is optimized to support their requirements
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to integrate data systems with other parts of the organization’s technology stack
- Develop and maintain documentation for data infrastructure and processes
- Build, measure and report on data pipeline and infrastructure’s performance, scalability and maintainability
- Work with cross-functional teams to define data governance and security policies
- Stay up to date with the latest data engineering technologies and best practices, and identify opportunities to incorporate them into the organization’s data infrastructure
- Participate in the hiring, training, and onboarding of new data engineering team members.
In addition to the technical skills required to lead a team of data engineers, a Data Engineering Manager should also have strong leadership, communication, and project management skills. He or she should be able to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects and be able to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.