Job Location: Bengaluru
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $3.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
Global Finance & Business Management (GF&BM) India is a combined LOB-aligned (Line of Business-aligned) finance & business support team located in India and is part of JPMorgan’s global capability center (GCC). We are part of the Office of the CFO (OCFO) organization within JPMorgan, which has 13000+ people across the globe, majority of whom are tasked with managing the firm’s Finance function, responsible for reporting quarterly earnings and complying with regulatory requirements along with managing the firm’s capital.
GF&BM India was established in September 2002 and currently we have a network of more than 3400+ professionals based out of our Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad offices who support four main pillars of work – Controllers, Planning & Analysis, Finance Operations and Business Client & Products. The teams in India are aligned to the respective LOBs that they support which include Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB), Commercial Banking (CB), Consumer and Community Banking (CCB), Asset & Wealth Management (AWM) and Corporate/Firmwide functions.
We have a strong culture that embodies the principles that guide us in how we do business across the firm. We strive to create a workplace that values and respects individual viewpoints, while at the same time challenging the status quo to make continuous improvements in our processes.
JPMorgan is an equal opportunity employer and places high value on diversity and inclusion. We recognize that our people are our strength and diversity of thought and practices makes us more successful.
The current opening is within the Home Lending – Financial Analysis (FNFA04) in Bangalore which forms part of the CCB F&BM INDIA LOB within GF&BM India.
About the Team
Role Name : Consumer F&BM – Analyst (502)
Team : Home Lending Consumer F&BM – India Team
Reports to : Local Lead : Nikita Krishnakumar
The Home Lending F&BM team acts as a trusted advisor to business leaders and supports key business initiatives, strategy development & the operational decisions of the organization. The team actively identifies and recommends business enhancements and assists management to analyze and communicate business strategy and results.
The team is responsible for driving operational success & profitability by engaging and motivating teams across the business, human resources, technology, risk & finance to achieve business results. We maintain a relentless focus on our internal and external customers while actively managing and protecting the profitability of the firm.
The Home Lending F&BM team provides real-time insights to sales leadership on volume, hiring & profitability and does so at a national, divisional, regional, market & employee level. The team understands all revenue and expense streams and is able to speak to detailed P&L activity while also being able to simplify the P&L story for a non-finance audience. The team has a strong understanding of key business drivers, including hiring, sales productivity, compensation practices, budget/forecast, target setting, expense management, sales conversion, customer satisfaction, competitive landscape, pricing, and can respond to ad hoc requests. The team is able to translate detailed understanding of each of these topics into easily consumed, actionable, fact-based analysis.
The successful candidate will drive business results by engaging business partners, analyzing financial results and business drivers, and communicating with senior executives through both oral and written presentations. The successful team member will own their work end-to-end and act as the primary finance point of contact for the partners they support in the business.
About the Role
- Knowledge of Alteryx & Tableau, VBA etc. is mandatory
- Develop/partner with data scientists/owners to deliver analytical insights
- Ensure that reports are insightful and contain commentary on key movements and watch items. Proactively look for trends and drivers and provide analytical inputs to customers
- Serve as a liaison between Firm-wide P&A, lines of business, Functional Finance teams and other support teams in order to provide impactful reporting, planning and insightful analyses
- Create, maintain and review financial models and analyses (both recurring and ad-hoc)
- Conduct deep dive analyses on key issues impacting client to determine root cause and propose solutions
- Collaborate with business partners across P&A, lines of business and the firm to ensure the timely, accurate and effective delivery of recurring and ad-hoc initiatives
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key business stakeholders: firm-wide, Functional Finance and lines of business teams
Desired Candidate Profile:
- CA/ MBA (Finance) (or similar educational background) with 2+ years of post-qualification relevant experience
- Work experience in Alteryx & Tableau is mandatory
- Proven track record of partnering with data scientists/owners to deliver analytical insights
- Expert knowledge of Excel (i.e. use of pivot tables, macros, arrays, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and partnering skills
- Ability to multi-task and work autonomously within team environment
- Ability to research issues/problems and provide a ‘solution-based’ approach
- Adaptable to change and ambiguity in the work environment
- Shift timings: 2.00 pm till 11.00 pm
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.