Job Location: Mumbai
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $3.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
Global Finance & Business Management (GF&BM) India is a combined Line of Business-aligned (LOB-aligned) finance & business support team located in India and is part of JPMorgan’s global capability center (GCC). We are part of the Office of the CFO (OCFO) organization within JPMorgan, which has 13000+ people across the globe, majority of whom are tasked with managing the firm’s Finance function, responsible for reporting quarterly earnings and complying with regulatory requirements along with managing the firm’s capital.
GF&BM India was established in September 2002 and currently we have a network of more than 3400+ professionals based out of our Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad offices who support four main pillars of work – Controllers, Planning & Analysis, Finance Operations and Business Client & Products. The teams in India are aligned to the respective LOBs that they support which include Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB), Commercial Banking (CB), Consumer and Community Banking (CCB), Asset & Wealth Management (AWM) and Corporate/Firmwide functions. The scale, depth & diversity of GF&BM India provides its employees extensive opportunities to learn and move within the organization, thereby gaining rich experience to build a long term career with the firm.
We have a strong culture that embodies the principles that guide us in how we do business across the firm. We strive to create a workplace that values and respects individual viewpoints, while at the same time challenging the status quo to make continuous improvements in our processes.
JPMorgan is an equal opportunity employer and places high value on diversity and inclusion. We recognize that our people are our strength and diversity of thought and practices makes us more successful.
The current opening is within the JPMSE Capital Reporting Team in Mumbai which forms part of the CIB LOB within GF&BM India.
About the Team
Corporate Investment Banking (CIB) Finance & Business Management India is one of the first group to be set up in India in Global Finance and has since grown its presence across Mumbai & Bengaluru into a 800+ people organization. The group is accountable for diverse functional teams and has a significant footprint of the global Finance organization supporting Corporate Investment Banking business and regulators across all regions.
Over the years, the teams have continued to provide value add to the global finance organization through business insights, technical accounting skills, data analytics, technological enhancements and standardization across lines of business. The key focus areas in the immediate future are driving teams to adapt the skills of the future, digital transformation and enhance product & regulatory reporting framework.
The position is within the Capital Reporting Regulatory department of Finance. The group is a service-orientated business comprised of specialized individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to our regulators. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality and controls.
The regulatory finance department is a high profile function, providing financial information to the Regulators.
About the Role
- Daily monitoring and preparation of capital adequacy and large exposures reports for the JPM SE
- Partnership and supporting other Finance areas with other reporting requirements (
- Lead and provide direction to various projects and Axiom defects
- Preparation and analysis of daily capital adequacy monitoring information
- Preparation and analysis of the daily large exposures and Shadow banking report
- Review and investigate trends for small entities and obtain confirmation from business.
- Interpretation of the Regulatory rules which forms the basis of reporting
- Develop familiarity of key reporting tool AXIOM and also CRD4 regulatory rules
- Understand the reporting model infrastructure and implement streamlined process solutions towards a more efficient reporting model.
- Involvement in other non-BAU tasks, such as projects and control initiatives that impact the legal entity and the financial reporting function.
- Provide ad hoc MIS reporting and analytics when required by management.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Chartered Accountant or MBA with 2+ years’ experience preferably with financial services industry.
- Good academics and strong accounting knowledge.
- Strong accounting knowledge with experience in Book closure and finalizing accounts.
- Strong control mindset. Analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy and quality.
- Good team player and quick learner
- Good Communication and organizational skills including partnering skills and proactiveness.
- Enthusiastic, with a positive can do attitude
- Strong PC skills including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, and Outlook.
- Investment banking product knowledge including derivatives, equities, and debt securities.
Shift Timing: 1.30 to 10.30 pm
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.