Job Location: Bengaluru
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $3.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Global Finance & Business Management (GF&BM) India is a combined LOB-aligned (Line of Business-aligned) finance & business support team located in India and is part of JPMorgan’s global capability center (GCC). We are part of the Office of the CFO (OCFO) organization within JPMorgan, which has 13000+ people across the globe, majority of whom are tasked with managing the firm’s Finance function, responsible for reporting quarterly earnings and complying with regulatory requirements along with managing the firm’s capital.
GF&BM India was established in September 2002 and currently we have a network of more than 3400+ professionals based out of our Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad offices who support four main pillars of work – Controllers, Planning & Analysis, Finance Operations and Business Client & Products. The teams in India are aligned to the respective LOBs that they support which include Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB), Commercial Banking (CB), Consumer and Community Banking (CCB), Asset & Wealth Management (AWM) and Corporate/Firmwide functions.
We have a strong culture that embodies the principles that guide us in how we do business across the firm. We strive to create a workplace that values and respects individual viewpoints, while at the same time challenging the status quo to make continuous improvements in our processes.
JPMorgan is an equal opportunity employer and places high value on diversity and inclusion. We recognize that our people are our strength and diversity of thought and practices makes us more successful.
The current opening is within Basel Measurement & Analytics team in Bangalore which forms part of the Corp- TCIO LOB within GF&BM India.
About the Group:
The Basel Measurement & Analytics (BM&A) oversees the end-to-end risk weighted assets (RWA) and capital measurement process across the Firm, and to help ensure efficient and appropriate management of capital. BM&A is an arm of Corporate Finance and partners with functional groups across the firm inclusive of market risk, model developers, corporate financial reporting and line-of-business product controllers to establish control and governance best practices and accountability for the Regulatory Capital process to generate the firm’s risk-weighted assets.
The Basel Measurement & Analytics (BM&A) group is responsible for calculating, analyzing and reporting firm wide RWA for market risk, wholesale credit risk and retail risk stripes. The RWA measures feed into corporate functions to quantify and determine regulatory capital requirements and support external regulatory filings and disclosures. BM&A is responsible for the business requirements to develop and manage the Basel infrastructure and ensure calculations are in compliance with internal capital policy and guidance. In addition, BM&A supports ancillary activities to perform impact analysis on methodology changes driving by new rule proposal; support RWA component of CCAR, resolution & recovery, Pillar 2 ICAAP and Pillar 3 Disclosure; and quantitative impact studies (QIS) for regulatory agencies.
The Basel Measurement & Analytics Implementation Analyst is responsible for driving delivery for enhancements to infrastructure needed to support risk regulatory reporting processes related to Basel methodology and Risk-Weighted Assets (RWA) reporting across all risk stripe and coordinating strategic projects in the Capital space. The candidate will support the BM&A in firm-wide initiatives to implement regulatory requirements, Basel methodology changes, and RWA reporting enhancements. The candidate will work closely with the Production Team, BM&A Subject Matter Experts, Technology Teams, Data Strategy, Lines of Business and Policy to advance the firm’s agenda.
About the team :
The RSC team is responsible for providing fit for purpose data required by Corporate Finance and driving data governance and policy adherence to the Firmwide Data Management standards and capabilities.
The RSC Implementation team is looking for an Analyst level candidate who will be part of a high performing team of data management professionals focused on delivering innovative data management solutions to Corporate Finance stakeholders. Asset class data team members are aligned by product(s) and focused on the delivery of data management capabilities driven by GF&BM projects, Firmwide Data Management Critical Business Initiatives, and Corporate Finance stakeholder BAU data needs.
- Partner with senior stakeholders (i.e., Asset Class Controllers, Product Controllers, and P&A) and Finance and Treasury/CIO RSC leadership team to support the delivery the following data capabilities for a prioritized book of product-aligned work.
- Data Requirements – Drive provisioning of fit-for-purpose data by working with consumers to identify data requirements; enhance data consistency through definition of business terms and alignment of data providers to agree upon business terms; maintain alignment between business terms and data requirements documentation/metadata
- Data Sourcing – Identify authoritative sources of data based upon data requirements for on-boarding to Corporate Finance architecture; support Product Owners in demand prioritization and grooming sessions
- Regulatory Support – Creation of Financial Institution reference data in support of regulatory reporting regimes with accuracy, completeness and validity, incorporating multiple risk factors in Compliance with global regulatory requirements. Manage personal workload and priority items and ensure timely escalation of key risks/issues to management.
- Data support – Engage with Corporate technology to identify and execute process improvements, provide guidance and support on key process and technology initiatives to the business
- Data Quality – Facilitate resolution and oversight of the book of data quality issues and data sourcing gaps; ensure issues are clearly understood for prioritization and resolution and linkage to all necessary metadata (i.e., adjustments, demand, technology Jira); support roll-out of Data Content Owner strategy,
- Data Quality Controls – Ensure data integrity by identifying and overseeing implementation of data quality controls within Corporate Finance applications and upstream LOB applications.
- Data Landscape – Engage with Corporate Technology to clearly describe data across its lifecycle for a common view and language across Finance and the Firm enabling data lineage from point of consumption back to point of origin
- Support RSC leadership team in preparing for Finance forums to communicate status of work, drive framing and rollout of RSC strategy, and advise on overall data health
- 3+ years of experience in financial services / risk management with focus in the data space highly preferred
- Strong core finance technical skills and solid understanding of finance processes, infrastructure and systems
- Subject Matter Expertise of Trading Book or Banking products preferred (e.g., Derivatives, Securities, Wholesale & Consumer Lending, Wholesale & Consumer Deposits, Cash)
- Knowledge of client data, reference data, instrument data, capital data & 3 rd party vendor data (Bloomberg, Reuters, BVD) is added advantage
- Strong hands on in MS excel for data analysis, SQL or any database query language
- Attention to detail, juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a varied, fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate effectively, drive consensus, and influence relationships at all levels
- Proven ability to lead across LOBs/Functions and geographies and with implementing organizational change; strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; sound judgment
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA is added advantage
Shift : Should be flexible with EMEA shifts
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.