Job Location: Bengaluru
Senior Business Systems Analyst (SAP Finance)
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst (SAP Finance) to join our team that will implement the next generation of knowledge systems centered on SAP S4 HANA for our Building Products businesses.
As a business systems analyst, you will partner with Business Process Owners, Business Process Leaders and Business Solution Leads for Finance, Controlling, Tax, Product Costing, Accounting Rebates, and Internal Financial Control teams to design processes, capture requirements, make configurations within SAP S4 HANA, and support system adoption.
This role is a key position to support Finance and Accounting teams for all aspects of SAP Finance and other Finance Business applications. This role works with the business users to define the scope and gather business requirements, providing conceptual and detailed designs to meet business needs, performing necessary configurations, and writing detailed specifications for the development of custom programs, testing, and implementing the automated solutions
The ideal candidate will have extensive business process design and optimization experience as well as knowledge of finance business processes, data management, broad understanding of SAP S4 HANA Finance, tenacity for solving problems, and excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Candidates should be comfortable working on a dynamic, cross functional team where you will use initiative and leadership skills, to discover opportunities and create a cross divisional customer experience, focused on maximizing value creation for our customers and GP.
What You will do In Your Role
- Work with Business Process Owners, Process Leaders and Solution Leaders to identify the business needs and apply Business Analysis principles to elicit, understand and document business requirements
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options and communicate this back to stakeholders.
- Configuration of SAP S4 HANA Finance by leveraging best practices Understand and document process flows, integration points, forms and workflow requirements impacting areas of responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize requirements.
- Develop test cases, execute test plans, log defects, develop functional design specifications including workflow, validation, and logic requirements. Ensure designs can be traced back to requirements.
- Analyze business challenges, objectives and develop as is/to-be processes
- Collaborate with team (process leads, vendors, solution integrators etc.) to clarify vision, scope, and capabilities
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements
- Assist in conducting research of alternatives and cost/benefit analysis
- Collaborate with peers, stakeholders and project team to secure commitments and maintain accountability
- Assist with the creation and impact of deployment and cutover plans
- Demonstrate a prominent level of ownership, initiative, and keen sense of urgency in all assignments as part of a fast-paced project implementation environment
- You will join/lead a team as Senior Business Analyst – Finance and be responsible for a large-scale ERP implementation of SAP S4 HANA
- Will serve as a highly visible member of the Project Team to develop, design, test and implement the new systems and processes.
- The successful candidate must be self-directed, able to manage multiple initiatives, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Communication is also key – you are effective and quickly establish relationships across multiple functional areas.
- Provide key insights to Business Finance team to support decision making
- Build visualization that supports the required knowledge for business decisions
- Drive transformation by respectfully challenging historical practices and leveraging technology enablers and automation
- Partner with capability leaders inside the Building Products Finance business units connecting recommendations, process improvements, and strategies to value
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Building Products businesses (Gypsum, Lumber, Plywood, and OSB)
- Effectively lead, evaluate, and manage teams
- Utilize strong analytical and problem‐solving capabilities, including the ability to clearly define problems, collect data from a variety of sources, establish facts, draw valid/profitable conclusions, and influence others through effective communication
- Solid understanding of key financial concepts, economic principles, marginal analysis, and internal financial controls
- Transformation mindset: demonstrated ability to lead change, solve problems and improve processes
- Business Partnering Skills: customer focus, sense of urgency and diligence
- Able to prioritize and be comfortable working on multiple teams/projects simultaneously and independently – able to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations
- Exhibit progressive leadership, continuous improvement initiatives and a reputation of strong customer focus
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5 years + SAP Finance direct implementation, configuration, and solution delivery of SAP S4 HANA Finance:
- Finance and Controlling, Receivables Management, Group Reporting, Central Finance, Advanced Financial Closing, Cash Management, Finance for Advanced Payment Management and Multi Bank Connectivity.
- Strong understanding of Finance and Accounting Concepts, CPA, or related certification.
- 5 years + experience working closely with Finance and Accounting functional teams either as Senior Business Analyst Finance or Lead Consultant for Finance
- 2 years + manufacturing industry background or implementation required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related fields.
What will put you ahead
- Experience, working knowledge on the following SAP solutions is a plus:
o Billing & Revenue Innovation Management, Account Substantiation and automation, Intercompany financial hub, Planning and Analysis Solutions (working with SAP S4 HANA Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud), Treasury and Risk Management, working capital management solutions, Market Rates management, Tax Management, GRC solutions, Predictive Accounting, Financial Planning, Financial Statement Based KPIs, External Tax Audit, Treasury Analytics, Contract Accounting, GRC for Finance.
- 2 years + experience working with multicultural onshore and offshore teams
- Strong technical skills or good techno-functional skills
- Highly initiative-taking and outcome-oriented
Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace