Job Location: Delhi / NCR
We are currently hiring a full-time Data Architect for our client/partner, a rapidly growing Canadian based pharmaceutical company based out of Canada.
This role is based out of India and 100% remote.
The Data Architect is responsible for ensuring the integrity and accessibility of data relevant to the organization by understanding enterprise data and entity relationships at a conceptual level, and providing direction on how data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and information systems. You will collect, aggregate, store and reconcile data from multiple sources, helping to design and build data pipelines, streams, reporting tools, data generators and a whole range of tools to provide information and insight.
- Collaborates with business area and GIS leads to plan a data management strategy and enterprise data roadmap;
- Develops the principles and data architecture strategies for data management; master data management, data content management, data quality, data discovery, meta-data management, data warehousing, and data life-cycle management;
- Design and deliver the Data Architecture Model. You will map the data journey from operational system sources through any transformations in transit to its delivery into enterprise repositories (Data Lake, Data Hub, Data Warehouse, Master Data, etc.)
- Design the Data architecture for Analytics (Reporting and Data Visualization), Advanced Analytics (Machine Learning, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence) and Data Delivery Services (Microservices and APIs).
- Collaborate with Business Stakeholders to convert the Business requirements into Technical Design specifications/documents.
- Assists data governance lead with defining the policies and standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modelling, cleansing, transforming, moving, storing, searching and delivering all data within the enterprise;
- Suggest reusable data patterns and process improvements to be implemented across the organization
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers to determine information technology needs across organizations; and keeping them current with new trends.
- Defines how the data is related to business processes and develops conceptual logical, and Physical/functional models of the data
- Creates and maintains a corporate repository of all data architecture artifacts;
- Participates on projects and initiatives to provide input on data related matters as required;
- All other relevant duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary education and/or University degree in sciences, technology or related area;
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work with technical and business teams at various levels within the organization;
- Possess a sound understanding of systems development; software project management approaches, interpreting and translating requirements, solution design and testing techniques;
- Able to conceive and portray the data big picture from an enterprise perspective;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to see the issues that need to be solved, and develop solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to make critical decisions, solve and troubleshoot complex problems based on analysis, experience and judgement.
- Function in a fast paced and continuously changing environment.
- Show excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities to accomplish objectives and goals anticipating and adjusting for problems and interruptions/roadblocks.
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement.
- Demonstrate ability to consistently produce accurate and thorough work of high quality.
- Strong experience in Data Modelling, Data architecture, Data Integration, and Database Design.
- Experience in building the Data Integration strategy using Batch (ETL/ELT), Streaming (Real-time/near-real streaming), by adopting CDC (changed Data Capture) Framework
- Experience in working with Cloud based Data systems (Azure Data lake, Databricks, Azure SQL and PostgreSQL Systems)
- Minimum of ten years combined experience in Pharmaceutical/Process Industry, Consumer Packaged Goods, Information Systems, or Management Consulting Environment
- Experience working with data integration, data visualization and analytics tools
- Strong ability to gather, author and analyze business and technical requirements and build applications and integrations according to specifications
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles and practices
- Full project management and development life cycle experience
- Ability to lead projects and team members under limited supervision
- The following skills would be considered an asset:
- Experienced in DevOps / DataOps and Continuous Integration / Delivery / Deployment
- Knowledge of Informatica Data Governance tools (Multi-domain Master Data Management, Data Quality, Enterprise Data Catalog, AXON Data Governance.
- Knowledge of SAP Source Systems (ECC, BW, HANA, etc.), Relational (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) and No SQL Databases (CosmosDB, MongoDB, etc.)
- Knowledge in Analytics (Data Visualization, & Reporting) Advanced Analytics (Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, & Data Science) and Data Delivery Services (Microservices, & APIs Management)
- Deep knowledge of the DMBoK (Data Management Book of Knowledge)
- Knowledge of Data Management Tools in the areas of Metadata, Master Data Management, Data Quality, Data Governance and Data Security