Job Location: Bangalore/Bengaluru
IT needs to rapidly evolve to ensure it continues to be recognized for creating and protecting business value, whilst simultaneously managing and balancing business risk. The Information, Data and Analytics (IDA) capability has been established to support project delivery and user support services (application and process) for Management information systems employing reporting, visualization and analytics. IDA is an area which is getting higher attention, stronger recognition from the Business as a key area to support in providing the right tools for the Business to build the right reports/visualizations needed to drive decisions more effectively and rapidly.
- Drives clarification of requirements for reports
- Integrates business specific needs from a technical solution design perspective and delivers effort estimates for those solutions
- Contributes to the development of the Functional Specs from a technical design perspective
- Develops reports/visualizations based on technical solution design
- Perform Prototyping and POC in support of requirements definition or technical design questions
- Execute Unit Test, defect resolution and hyper care
Additional challenges (may) include:
- Working through complex interfaces across organizational and geographic boundaries
- Working in a fast moving, rapidly changing and dynamic environment
- The working days in Bangalore Hub are based on two shifts in order to work in the same time zone that the Projects and Asset we serve. (HR to conform the shift hours) Lead teams and initiatives at project/Capability level to drive estimations, designs, initiatives and outcomes
Several Analytics tools will be used for reporting/visualization by business. Candidates are expected to be passionate about designing and creating meaningful data visualizations and memorable user experiences. Ability to think strategically and communicate data-driven insights by transforming science and numbers into easily understandable visualization is desirable. While the focus stays on bringing out stories from data, it is equally important for the candidate to be proficient in SQL and well-versed with concepts of Data warehousing and Data Modeling so that the candidate can work closely with business to curate and “ready” the data in a form that is conducive to reporting/self-service analytics.
- Minimum years of experience with reporting/visualization/ analytics tools. Refer table above.
- Power BI is a mandatory skill.
- Proficiency in SQL, Data Warehousing and Data Modeling concepts is mandatory.
- Hands on experience of data modelling in Azure analysis services (AAS) is mandatory.
- Knowledge and experience in other Data visualization tools is an added advantage.
- Strong data modelling experience using ER diagram, Dimensional data modelling Star schema modelling
- Data procurement strategies – DB, Cached/import mode (applications, features and drawbacks) and enabling Row Level Security (RLS)
- Performance tuning (pushdown logic, calculated columns and measures, data loading strategies, filtering data, variables)
- Development of visualizations and interactivity (Bar Chart, Line Chart, Scatter Plot, Heat maps, combined charts, bookmarks, report interfaces, slicers/filters, themes, animations, etc.)
- Experience in User-centered design, wireframing, knowledge of the data visualization concepts, ability to pick the right graphs depending on the context and overall focus on aesthetics is a must.
- Knowledge of Power BI cloud, workspaces, gateways, premium capacity, publishing, scheduling, User Access Management is a requisite.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies is preferred.
- Experience setting up data connections, mobility, writing functions and using advanced features like ESRI, what-if analysis, forecasting, NLP, scripting, R & python etc. is preferred
- Confident communicator, able to express your ideas and convey complicated concepts simply