Job Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 “Game of the Year” awards and 100 “Editor’s Choice” awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision.
As a Tools Tester at Infinity Ward, you will maintain the stability of our proprietary toolset through direct testing, monitoring tool development, and assisting engineers investigating defects. You will emulate a wide variety of developer workflows to find and assess problems with our toolset, as that toolset develops and improves. As changes and features are deployed to the studio, you will be the first point of contact for support, ensuring rollouts are smooth and new issues are identified and fixed quickly. By ensuring our tools maintain a healthy state, and thus content creators are able to work undisrupted by development, you will have a strong positive impact on the quality of our next title.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrate technical expertise, confidence, initiative and ownership of development tools and workflows
- Become an expert on specific pipelines within our development environment
- Develop and maintain test plans and supporting documentation
- Interface with engineering teams to test new features and regress fixes made to the tools
- Be the first to provide user feedback on new additions and guide final implementation
- As new functionality is deployed, be the first point of contact to resolve issues and collect feedback
- Confident familiarity with game and software development tools (e.g. Maya, Radiant, Perforce, etc.)
- 2+ years of game industry related experience
- Passion for games and demonstrable understanding of game industry and gaming trends
- Extensive experience with discrepancy reporting systems (e.g. JIRA)
- Ability to prepare and present reports, both written and oral
- Experience in Python or other scripting languages is a plus
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world’s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.