Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bhagya Nagar
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
We are looking for a creative senior DevOps engineer to manage the transition between project planning and software deployment. In this role, your duties will include supervising junior Dev Ops developers, developing software and configuring systems, and performing diagnostic tests throughout the stages of development. You will also be required to forecast project duration and cost. To ensure success, you should demonstrate extensive experience in DevOps engineering and managing junior developers. Your group’s role is to optimize and enhance a company’s software performance.
Key Accountabilities: Sr Manager – DevOps :
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology, information systems, or similar.
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Extensive experience in DevOps engineering, team management, and collaboration.
- Ability to oversee and mentor junior software DevOps developers, as well as report to management.
- Ability to install and configure software, gather test-stage data, and perform de-bugging.
- Ability to ensure smooth software deployment by writing script updates and running diagnostics.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity.
- Ability to keep up with software development trends and innovation.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and testing skills
- Ability to deliver independently and to translate requirements into technical solutions with minimal supervision
- A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with quality management approaches, techniques, and principles
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level.
- 5+ years DevOps Management Experience
- Strong technical background and platform experience.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining full stack large-scale applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g., Git, or SVN)
- Knowledge on Groovy scripting is an added advantage.
- Technical knowledge on AWS, EC2 instances, S3, Lambda functions, Active MQ configuration etc. on AWS services needed.
- Basic familiarity with networking systems, load balancers, and TCP/IP network constructs.
- Knowledge of performance and reliability monitoring strategies
- Proven experience with Jenkins/Jams
- Exceptional attention to detail and customer experience
- Self-motivated, curious, and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills, and an innate drive to improve tools and processes
- Flexible and able to deal with ambiguity, address uncertainty and adapt to changing priorities
- Willing to work at a very detailed level while still being able to abstract ideas for communication to cross-functional teams and senior management
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Innate drive to improve how things work, with proven track record of driving dramatic improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or effectiveness.
- 10+ years as a lead and building solutions for DevOps services in AWS.
- Strong technical proficiency in large scale systems, Jenkins, operating systems, databases, cloud computing, & networking.
- 3+ years of team management experience (including hiring, performance management, leadership) for a team of 15+ members.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC, patching, releases and software development at scale, Continuous Integration and Delivery approaches.
- Strong knowledge of cloud providers offering AWS and tools like CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Act as a subject matter expert for troubleshooting and resolving complex, multi-tier web problems that span several different platforms
- Partner closely with software development teams using a strong dev-ops mindset.
Verisk is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for this position will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.