Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Champaign, IL
Data Engineer II (Candidate Pool)
Who we are looking for:
At AGCO, we believe that when our employees succeed, our business succeeds. It’s a people philosophy that we believe and invest in. We make sure all of our employees – in every function, every geography and at every level – have the tools they need to be successful and take charge of their career. Because when our people grow, our business grows. Every day. Every way.
AGCO, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for Data Engineer II to join our team. AGCO is building a world-class Data and Analytics organization which includes a Reporting and Analytics IT team in order to provide easy access to reliable data in order to enable data driven decisions to grow and evolve our business. We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to deliver data and services to provide highly consumable data that can be used for reporting and analytics purposes.
This position will support our organization as we design and build robust data pipelines to enable data-driven business insights. Through close collaboration with business stakeholders, data scientists, data wranglers and IT & infrastructure teams, customer, dealer and business value will be generated with data supporting analytics at scale. This role will deliver on the value of data to provide both cost reduction and increased revenues, enabling AGCO to better serve those feeding the world. Designs, evaluates, and tests data infrastructures as well as implements, supports and enhances the tools and technologies used to for Reporting & Analytics throughout the organization.
What you will do:
- Builds systems and infrastructures that collect and process data according to company needs and goals.
- Builds, evolves and scales out infrastructure to ingest, process and extract meaning out data.
- Designs, develops and implements statistical models to carry out various novel aspects of
classification and information extraction from data.
- Leverages existing data infrastructure to fulfill all data-related requests, perform necessary data housekeeping, data cleansing, normalization, hashing, and implementation of required data model changes.
- Analyzes data to spot anomalies, trends and correlate similar data sets. Designs, develops and
implements natural language processing software modules.
- Troubleshoots problems, identifies possible solutions, and resolves accordingly.
- Performs work under minimal supervision.
- Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a subordinate group.
- May act as a lead or first-level supervisor.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar equivalent experience
- Analytical software/language skills (Python, R, SQL, SAS)
- Distributed big data processing frameworks (Spark, Hadoop)
- Experience with cloud and data related components (AWS Glue, Athena, Databricks, Step Functions, Lambdas, Redshift, RDS, etc.)
- Reporting & Visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, SAP BI/BO, etc.)
- Estimated travel to be <25% of the time
What we offer:
Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people. From the day you decide to join AGCO, we want to engage and excite you and we’re clear on where we want to go as a business and we trust you to help us there. Whether you want to learn a new skill or you aspire to do something different, we can help you develop the skills you need to take your career – and our business – to the next level.
We also invite you to “Make the Most of YOU” – Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural engineering with a portfolio of exciting international brands which deliver solutions to farmers in 140 countries through a full line offer from tractors and combine harvesters to protein production systems and smart farming software solutions – to an environment where the future is happening now. Join us as we bring agriculture into the future.