Job Location: Seattle, WA
- 8+ years of experience in product or program management, business development or technology.
- Experience with feature delivery and trade-offs of a product and end to end product delivery.
- Experience bringing new customer facing products or services to market by driving product requirements through a software development team using an agile development processes.
- Demonstrated experience influencing and collaborating across multiple teams in a large organization.
Are you excited about customer-facing research and reinventing the way people think about long-held assumptions? At Amazon, we are constantly inventing and re-inventing to be the most customer-centric company in the world. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
The F3 (Fresh, Food, Fast) organization leads the innovation of Amazon’s ultra-fast grocery product initiatives. Our key vision is to transform the online grocery experience and provide a wide grocery selection in order to be the primary destination to fulfill customer’s food shopping needs. The F3 Supply Chain team builds and operates world class grocery supply chain systems and infrastructure to deliver growth for the business globally. We’re growing in scale and volume, by orders of magnitude. We are a team of passionate tech builders who work endlessly to make life better for our customers through amazing, thoughtful, and creative new grocery shopping experiences. To succeed, we need senior technical leaders to forge a path into the future by building innovative, maintainable, and scalable systems.
Our organization applies Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning, and Econometric/Economic Methodologies to derive actionable insights about the complex economy of Amazon’s grocery shopping business. We also develop Statistical Models and Algorithms to drive strategic business decisions and improve operations. We are an interdisciplinary team of Product Managers, Engineers, and Scientists incubating and building day one solutions using cutting-edge technology, to solve some of the toughest business problems at Amazon. In this team, you will:
- Create strategic vision based on rigorous analytics and drive the teams to execute on that vision. Not only do you have a deep intuition for customer needs, you are also adept with quantitative data sets. Your innate curiosity drives you to find new ways to learn more about your customers and the industry.
- Align the organization around the vision and identify dependencies on other teams, removing or influencing those dependencies to achieve the vision.
- Work with Business and Operations organization to define business requirements to deliver customer experience improvements from ideation to release.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product feature and application.
- Create and perform experimentation and research for your products by gathering data, diving deep into and customer experiences, and prototyping new solutions.
- Drive product launches and program communication including working with engineering and other product management team members.
Key job responsibilities
- Define products and services with the goal of enabling F3’s any physical stores to increase revenue and retain customers.
- Collaborate with design and engineering to bring your ideas to market though rapid iteration.
- Identify and mitigate enterprise risk.
- Build business cases, articulate strategy, sell your vision to leadership, understand the market, analyze consumer engagement, lead your team, etc.
- Make hard, high-judgment trade-offs between features and speed-to-market
- Develop a long-term strategy for your area of ownership and execute go-to-market plans for new features and offerings.
- Present your findings to large groups, including senior leaders
· Deep experience authoring documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications
· Experience with customer development and validating products through customer feedback
· Ability to earn trust across different levels and multiple groups of a large organization
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software quickly then iterating on the experience
· Experience communicating with customers, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.