Job Location: Tennessee
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Computer Science, or related degree OR technical writing samples portfolio that demonstrates strong experience in a developer writing role
- At least 3 years of technical writing experience
- At least 1 year of experience working in an Agile team environment
Do you have experience in cloud computing and digital authoring? Have you been a technical writer or worked in a different role with a heavy written communication focus? Then the AWS Documentation would love to have you apply to join us as a Technical Writer for the AWS Creative Tools Digital Authoring team!
Ideally, you have both a technical background that enables easy interaction with software developers and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation. You must have the skills to work with both organizational leaders as well as subject matter experts, building content strategies and delivering results using Agile models and processes.
Key job responsibilities
- Author and deliver high-quality documentation and samples
- Be the first “customer” – provide technical feedback on new features and experiences
- Work with customer data, gather feedback, and drive your insights into content updates.
- Work with other writers and editors (yes, we have editors!) to improve how we write, and evolve how we approach writing as a team.
About the team
AWS is constantly moving and that can be one of the best parts about this job! You will always be learning and growing. But our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work. Our focus is on Customer Obsession and Delivering Results – and if you can deliver results that satisfy our customers, well, why would we interfere with a great thing by setting specific work hours for you?
This bit’s also important to consider: Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion, and since we’re in the business of communications and innovation, we need voices that understand and can speak effectively to all kinds of developers, to grow excitement and engagement not just among traditional audiences and genres, but new and emerging ones as well. We offer the opportunity to belong, connect, and contribute as members of a growing number of active affinity groups and employee resource groups. We host annual and ongoing learning experiences that cover a variety of inclusion and diversity issues, such as our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
We’re a place where you can have impact based on the professional experience you’ve developed and will develop, and we’ll support your growth along the way.
- Experience with digital content creation tools
- Experience with Git source control
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services
- Working knowledge of one or more programmer language (Python, Java, C#, Node.js, or C/C++)
- Experience with common web content performance metrics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.