Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Austin, TX
WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Job Title: Summer 2023 Data Analytics Engineer Co-Op/Intern
JOB LOCATION: Austin, Texas
ONSITE: This is an onsite position – the intern/co-op is required to relocate if necessary and work full-time (40 hours) from the location office.
PROGRAM TERM: Summer 2023 (May 15 or May 22, 2023 – August 11, 2023)
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
As a Co-op/Intern you can get hands-on experience and make an immediate contribution to AMD’s next generation of technology innovations. You will have unique opportunities to develop your career, connect with AMD leaders, receive one-on-one mentorship, attend amazing networking events, and much more.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
We are looking for a savvy Data Analytics Co-op to join our growing team of analytics experts. In this role, you will be acting as a bridge between data engineers and data analysts. Your job will be to build data products that enable our stakeholders to do their jobs effectively and answer business questions quickly.
- Evaluate business needs by interacting with multi-functional stakeholders.
- Design, prototype, and implement solutions using relevant analysis methods and visualization techniques.
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results.
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling to generate business foresights.
- Analyze and organize raw data to build data systems, algorithms, prototypes and pipelines.
- Work with data analytics experts and product teams to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Document architecture and methods used to create engineering solutions.
- Provide user training for new solutions.
- Create presentations of analysis findings and recommendations to senior staff.
- Knowledge of Businesses Intelligence.
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL databases, including MySQL, Oracle, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, R, etc.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Comfortable adopting software engineering best practices like version control and using Git and teaching others how to adopt these best practices.
- Experience with data warehousing solutions, and ETL tools.
- Experience with PowerBI, Azure, DevOps, dbt.
- Experience with machine learning.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Currently enrolled in engineering, computer science, or statistics program targeting a BS (3rd/4th year) or advanced degree
- Strong organizational, computer and communication skills
- Drive to succeed, we expect our team members to engage with a passion!
- Healthcare coverage, dental and vision
- Paid holidays
- Relocation stipend
- Education assistance for required Co-op/Intern course
At AMD, your base pay is one part of your total rewards package. Your base pay will depend on where your skills, qualifications, experience, and location fit into the hiring range for the position. You may be eligible for incentives based upon your role such as either an annual bonus or sales incentive. Many AMD employees have the opportunity to own shares of AMD stock, as well as a discount when purchasing AMD stock if voluntarily participating in AMD’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also be eligible for competitive benefits described in more detail here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.