Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Maharashtra
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
BU & LOB Description
The Senior Data Analyst role on the Strategy, Transformation & Capabilities team will be responsible for providing analytical support in the delivery of breakthrough innovation and transformational initiatives for American Express Global Servicing Network. The key focus of this role is on improving the economics and efficiency of operational inbound contact center processes globally, thus delivering improvements in the customer experience and achievement of aggressive expense reduction targets.
- Query and analyze large sets of data to draw conclusions and make recommendations to the business using statistical models and data mining techniques combined with business and operational knowledge.
- Conducting various analyses and providing thought leadership to identify new ideas that lead to improved efficiency and customer experience in our Inbound Contact Center.
- Support the business with process mapping, identification of process improvements opportunities, feasibility studies, demand management efforts, and defect eliminations for the purposes of generating cost-savings and improving customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with Operations leaders and Project Managers to further develop existing ideas, prioritize them, and implement them.
- Develop cost-benefit analyses and prepare business presentations to share with leadership and gain buy-in.
- Master’s Degree in Analytics or Process Improvement or Computer Science related is required
- Working experience with database includes Microsoft SQL, Teradata
- Experience in using advanced data analytics tools to perform analysis and uncover the insights. For example, Python, R or SAS
- Knowledge on big data technology
- A creative and innovative professional with strong analytical background
- Self-starter and naturally curious about finding transformational and customer experience improvement opportunities
- Critical skills include proficiency with analytical and process improvement tools and techniques, strategic thought leadership and execution skills, strong negotiation skills and data mining skills to generate rich insights
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment are required.
- Industry Experience as Project/Data Analyst with a track record of pulling, manipulating, processing and developing meaningful insights from large datasets
- Coding proficiency in R or Python
- Understanding or experience with Data Mining and Machine Learning Algorithms
- Query performance tuning skills using SQL
- Experience with using Big Data Technology including Hadoop and Hive
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.