Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bengaluru
Making a job change is a big decision. Why consider Aptos?
You will join a team of remarkable colleagues who are committed and passionate about creating and delivering leading-edge solutions to the retail market. You will be part of an exciting growth journey where we will do everything possible to help you reach and exceed your career dreams. Our colleagues have access to industry-leading training and development opportunities, and the chance to work in a global, diverse culture with offices in 13 countries. You will be part of an inclusive culture that is grounded in our Company’s purpose: to make a difference for every colleague, every client, every day.
With years of deep retail DNA, Aptos has been a market-leading platform that drives the world’s largest retailers’ product, promotion, commerce and merchandising decisions across online and brick-and-mortar operations. The opportunity at Aptos has never been greater, as we transition our solutions to cloud-native, microservices architecture. More than 135,000 retail locations impact nearly $2 trillion in annual revenue across fashion, grocery, drug, convenience, general merchandise, discount and sporting goods stores optimized with Aptos’ solutions. We hope you’ll be a part of taking innovative solutions to market with the leader in Unified Commerce.
Join the software and solutions innovator behind the world’s top retail brands!
Aptos develops highly advanced solutions on the forefront of retailing for more than 500 of the world’s most iconic brands. Over 33,000 retail locations and $200B+ in annual revenue across grocery, drug, convenience, general merchandise, discount, sporting goods, fashion, and eCommerce sites optimize with Aptos’ solutions.
Aptos acquired Revionics in September 2020. Revionics provides AI/ML solutions for pricing, promotion and competitive insight for innovative global retailers. Retailers in all segments across the world adopt their solutions to improve top-line sales, demand, and margin.
Aptos is looking for an outstanding candidate to help build and maintain data assets critical to the development of customer pricing SSAS solutions. We enable our retail customers to price effectively, a critical component of this is the data we load, maintain and expose visually to drive impactful pricing decisions.
This role bridges the traditional engineering and analytical roles, bringing software engineering best practices to analytics.
Aptos uses data from a variety of sources, maintains business-critical data models in BigQuery and SqlServer and deploys sophisticated, customer-facing visualizations through Looker. We are looking for the right person to embed best practice standards and grow the value of our data estate.
Who you are?
- 4+ years of experience in a data related role – data engineering, data analytics.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in corresponding domains, e.g., statistics, mathematics, computer science, software engineering, or IT.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills – experience in working with a variety of stakeholders, able to effectively interpret, translate and articulate business requirements into data assets.
- Outstanding SQL skills with OLTP databases (e.g. MySql, SqlServer or Oracle) and OLAP (preferably BigQuery)
- Experience with programming languages, python is essential, others are desirable.
- Experience with software source control management software, GitLab / Github.
- Experience with at least one established BI visualization tool, Looker preferred but also Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI.
- Some experience in data integration / data engineering – building and maintaining data pipelines with established tools: AWS Glue, Talend, Informatica, Airflow.
- Some experience in data warehousing – as a minimum an understanding of core concepts, structures, common challenges and solutions.
What will you do?
- Data modeling
- Model BigQuery and SqlServer data into clean, tested, and reusable datasets used for analytical and other downstream purposes.
- Define the rules and requirements for the formats and attributes of data.
- Data transformation. Apply various data transformations to get data into required shape for analytical (Looker) and other downstream uses.
- Data documentation. Ensure all managed data assets are clearly and accurately documented.
- Defining data quality rules, standards, and metrics. Design and develop standards and processes to ensure quality standards aligned with downstream use purposes.
- Setting development best practices for analytics. Applying software engineering best practices.
- Version control to trace the history of changes in datasets and roll back to older versions if something goes wrong;
- Data unit testing to examine small chunks of data transformations for quality and correspondence to the set tasks; and
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) to ensure up-to-date and reliable data.
- Data visualization. Working with Looker developers to design, build, maintain and debug Looker visualizations critical to out customers pricing workflow.
- Close collaboration with the wider business. Work collaboratively with all stakeholders namely data engineers, business analysts, and data scientists to align business requirements with data assets.
Are you the person we’re looking for?
Big picture thinker with laser focus. You have a unique ability to see both the forest and the trees. It’s what sets you apart from the rest. You start with a good understanding of the broader strategy, zoom in to assess one particular aspect of that strategy, and then zoom back out to see how changes to that particular area will affect the broader process.
Expert relationship cultivator. Product managers think you’re a good partner – because you are. Developers feel you respect their opinions – because you do. You’re a true people person, a natural collaborator, and a highly sought-after resource.
Quality orientation. You have proven success at writing quality user stories and analysis deliverables through the application of established criteria like INVEST and SMART. Your work is thoughtful, timely and valuable to the team.
Resourcefulness and application. At Aptos, we have a pioneering spirit – when we have questions, we find answers; when we’re faced with challenges, we find solutions. We turn to a variety of resources, including our own colleagues, our professional network, the Internet, articles and books – whatever helps us get the job done. But’s it’s not just about using a variety of resources to gain knowledge – it’s also about applying that knowledge to other areas of the job or business where it might make sense.
Here’s what will give you an edge…
Passion. We know it when we see it. Passion is not about saying how much you love what you do in your most excited voice. Passion is revealed in your truest self. It’s about what you’ve accomplished; how you want to grow; the ideas you have; your philosophies. It’s demonstrating through your words and your actions that you truly believe in what you do – and where you work. That it matters to you. And that’s pretty cool.
Initiative. You don’t wait around for things to happen or for your manager to tell you what to do. You’re not only proactive about completing your own work, but when you sense the need to introduce an idea that will benefit the team or the organization – even if it’s outside your scope of work – you take it on and own it. That also goes back to having a pioneering spirit.
Related experience. Of course, prior experience in business analysis would be ideal, as would contributions to or active participation in IIBA, PMI, the Agile Alliance or other related organizations and certifications. Showing you have passion and commitment for the profession really makes a difference to us.
Did we pique your interest?
If this sounds like the kind of job you would love in the kind of environment you would thrive in, please drop us a line – we’d love to hear from you!
We offer a competitive total rewards package including a base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Aptos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.