Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Boston, MA
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world’s best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor’s list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.
This position presents an excellent opportunity to learn the different elements of a Data & Analytics program. You will be able to develop business skills, uncover insights and make recommendations that drive our strategy. With a global team, you will collaborate on special projects and build new skills like getting hands on experience with SQL and Tableau.
As a member of the Global Data and Analytics team, the Business Analyst intern will play a key role in helping the team meet the analytics needs of business units within the company.
We need someone who:
- Likes to work both independently and with a small team
- Takes pride in their work
- Will be happy with a variety of projects, both exciting and routine
- Is professional, mature, and can handle highly confidential material appropriately (this is a corporate environment, but we definitely still know how to have fun)
- Isn’t scared of technology (we will teach you everything you need to know but you cannot get paralyzed or give up. Our most successful co-ops are the ones who dive in when encountering something new and unfamiliar.)
- Applies curiosity and passion to their work to better the team and themselves
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gain experience working in scrum/agile by helping capture user requirements for centralizing and automating functional data sets in our internal data platform. Assist Data Platform Product Owners with communication between engineers and business owners through scrum ceremonies and product hand-offs
- Test products as work is delivered from data and software engineers
- Collaborate with Analytics Manager to document and design an analytics hub full of off-the-shelf content to support our growing analysts understand and use our analytics tools
- Work with our Security & Governance team to assist with data governance initiatives like building out our data catalog and communicating recommendations with internal stakeholders to help them evolve their data structure
- Perform ad-hoc analysis based on special projects that consist of identifying and automating KPIs to track progress of D&A initiatives; assisting with presentations, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated attention to detail with care in delivering a quality result every time
- Ability to work both independently and across multiple projects
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong Ongoing commitment to supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Preferred familiarity with
- Various Analytics tools, like Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, Excel
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Engine, Analysis Services, and Integration Services
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 59 offices in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest over $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial and social equity, economic development and the environment. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients. We proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry, and our clients have outperformed the stock market 4-to-1.