Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Whippany, NJ
As a Barclays Data Scientist, you will develop the data analytics strategy and models from the extensive sets of data that is collected across multiple contact points within our Cards Platforms function. You will have the opportunity to focus on modernizing and automating processes and pipelines to facilitate faster time to market for releases, as well as adopting world class best practices in Data Modelling and Machine Learning to improve operational rigor and quality.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We’ve helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Maintaining knowledge of relevant technologies to act as the subject matter expert (SME) whilst engaging with other teams
Establishing and articulating best practices and anti-patterns in application of technologies in question
Partnering with Team Leads and colleagues within the Operations and Technology (O&T) community to coordinate strategies and technology investment recommendations
- Developing and communicating data technology choices and core patterns in their application
- Conducting briefings for leadership at all levels and colleagues as appropriate
- Establishing, maintaining and enhancing relationships with open-source and commercial vendors, consultants/SIs and other relevant third parties
- Partnering with the wider O&T community to deliver technology solutions, build and engineer data science as a service
- Designing and develop strategic business solutions to expand on the existing operational models to provide enhanced opportunities for customer experience and value
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields
Prior experience with primarily engineering and operations and / or business roles in financial institutions or retail cards domain or technology companies
- Proven experience; deep understanding and implementation of IT business strategies
- Expertise in enterprise data architecture, micro services, database design and modelling testing, Big Data testing and Cloud deployments and architecture practices
SKILLS THAT WILL HELP YOU IN THE ROLE:
Post graduate degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields
Experience of working to tight deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Experience in modelling and visualizations in complex enterprise systems and platforms
- Machine Learning certifications through AWS or Azure or formal training completion through industry recognized institutions
WHERE WILL YOU BE WORKING?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.