Job Location: Pune
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We are looking for a AWS data engineer with experience in data warehousing and hands-on experience in various AWS services like Redshift, Glue,S3,Lambda. Person with strong data background, which includes SQL and ETL will be working on AWS ecosystem to build data analytics solution.We want people who are passionate about moving fast, solving new problems and building awesome things. Members of our team enjoy end-to-end ownership of micro-services including developing, testing, deploying in production. Everyone is expected to understand the full system, help develop it and knows that the changes they submit will be in customer’s hands within hours or days.
What will you be doing
- Work with other data engineers and analysts to build new and extend existing data structures to support sales and client analytics
- Develop, maintain, and support ETL processes for loading data from multiple data sources into a S3,Redshift data warehouse
- Maintain large, multi-terabyte data warehouse which includes performance tuning and data retention/purge processes
- Research and troubleshoot data quality issues, providing fixes and proposing both short- and long-term solutions
- Disciplined practitioner of unit testing, version control and best engineering practice
- Comfortable driving development from a sketch to a polished product.
- Monitoring and improving the front-end performance.
- Code, test, and operate integration of work as part of a team developing applications and services using Agile development methods.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in process and infrastructure.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a data warehousing, data engineering, or data architect role
- 5+ years of experience in developing, managing, and maintaining large, multi-terabyte data warehouse environments including the pipelines of data and ETL processes
- Strong experience with AWS Redshift, Glue, S3, Lambda
- Experience with AWS CloudFormation for creating and managing a variety of AWS resources
- Expert level SQL skills
- Experience in Git Hub, code deployment and JIRA
- Understanding business requirement and plan solution to address data needs
- Partner with IT teams and business professionals to establish data-driven policies and strategies across the organization
- Collect, refine, and prepare data for analytics and visualization
- Knowledge of investment banking specifically Sales and Research business (Sales Credit, Reference data, Interactions and Events).
- Good analytical skills, creative thinking skills and a quick learner.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience working with other AWS data technologies such as Redshift Spectrum, Athena, Data Pipeline,EMR, RDS, and Kinesis
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with agile development methodologies leveraging DevOps best practices will be added advantage.
- Energetic and motivated, willing to take on challenging tasks, work independently and take on time pressure
- Working knowledge of BI tools like Business Objects, Tableau and Qlik is added advantage.
- Excellent Communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of design principles and quality processes
- Understand and transform client expectations into technical requirement
- Knowledge ofand basic project development lifecycle
Where will you be working
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.