Job Location: Pune
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We have an opening for a Data Scientist to join our team. This is jointly motivated by a mandate to do ‘more of the same’, and also bringing new perspectives/approaches to the table, enriching our collective ‘toolkit’ of experience that can be applied to new, ever more challenging problems.
What will you be doing
- Progress the development of products being delivered as part of the team’s strategic roadmap.
- Contribute creatively spot opportunities for new areas where Data Science can add value, or new/different ways of achieving things.
- Embrace a customer-centric mindset judging value primarily from ‘needles moved’, tangible benefits and overall impact.
- Speak the language of the business – taking in problem statements and delivering results – encapsulating the formation and execution of a Data Science approach within this end-to-end process.
- Provide technical and cultural mentorship to junior team members.
What we’re looking for:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in solving real-world problems using Data Science methods.
- Experience with the Python Data Science stack (Scikit-learn, pandas, scipy, keras, genism etc. )
- Good Understanding of Machine Learning algorithms used for Clustering, Classification etc.
- Good knowledge of feature extraction from text data
- Degree-level education in Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics, or other relevant discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal (written, verbal) skills.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Masters in a relevant technical field
- Experience with containerisation (e.g. Docker)
- Experience with cloud products such as AWS/Azure
Where will you be working
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.