Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ‘Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Head of Machine Learning Research
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role Head of Machine Learning Research are to:
- Global responsibility across R&D in leading and steering Machine Learning Research;
- Identify most impactful and toughest challenges of drug discovery and solve them at scale via development of novel machine learning algorithms leveraging internal and external data sources;
- Responsible for development and effective execution of the MLR strategy to enhance R&D productivity and speed;
- Collaborate and interact closely with stakeholders across the PH R&D and external partners to progress projects through different stages;
- Go beyond buzzwords and identify novel techniques to challenge internal ways of working/development to have an impact on value creation for the R&D pipeline through the use of machine learning;
- Remain at the cutting edge of ML research by keeping up to date with the latest techniques and approaches in machine learning and statistical analysis by actively engaging within the broader ML research community;
- Publish high impact open source software and publications at the major ML conferences, contribute technical blogs and forge strategic alliances with academia and other industry, ultimately enhancing Bayer’s reputation and presence in the biopharma industry;
- Grow, develop and lead a team of machine learning researchers to successful project delivery using modern software development methodologies and collaboration tools. Mentor and develop more junior AI/ML researchers. Ensure that teams are adhering to established standards, coding practices, and way of working.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- PhD or equivalent experience in machine learning or a related quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, electrical, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computational Biology/Chemistry) with 8 12 years of relevant experience. At least five years in pharmaceutical industry;
- Demonstrated track record of executing research program that publishes in top tier ML national or international conferences. Examples include but are not limited to: NeurIPS, ICML, UAI, COLT, AAAI, ICLR,JMLR;
- Empathetic leadership with high impact, partner and influence across complex matrixed organizations and manage delivery to diverse stakeholder groups;
- Ability to distill complex issues and clearly articulate solutions;
- Experience in analyzing complex datasets and building mathematical models, also in a practical context and preferably across pharma R&D
- Deep understanding of end to end R&D processes and data;
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning from a theoretical and practical perspective, with profound knowledge in deep learning;
- Interest in representation learning, generative modeling, reinforcement learning, computer vision, natural language processing, statistical learning theory, statistics, and/or causal inference;
- Expertise with tools and libraries for ML including PyTorch, TensorFlow, and JAX. Excellent programming skills in one or more languages, with an intimate knowledge of the Python scientific ecosystem;
- Understand and recommend infrastructure needs to enable Bayer to be highly competitive in Machine Learning. Experience with HPC, on prem and cloud computing environments and the computational needs of modern machine learning models;
- Comfortable explaining complex analytical and technical content to audiences with various knowledge baselines;
- Track record of collaborating successfully with AI/ML engineering teams to deliver complex machine learning models.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.