This Power BI course has been created from BigDataKB.com/Bharat by selecting below search filters:
Job Category– Power BI
Power BI Industry oriented Syllabus begins:
Your responsibilities as a Power BI Intern:
- Develop visual reports, KPI scorecards, interactive dashboards, customized charts and custom calculations using Power BI desktop.
- Connect to different data sources through PowerBI like text/parquet files, SQL database, MySQL, SQL Synapse, and so on & import data, and transform data for business intelligence.
- Develop DAX formulas for complex business scenarios to extract insights from data
Publish, schedule, and maintain reports online on PowerBI Service.
- Assist in creating and managing advanced reports, models, KPIs, and dashboards using Power BI
Related to Communications Skills:
- Analyze, study, and understand business requirements in the context of business intelligence.
- Collaborate with key client stakeholders and technical teams to translate business requirements into MIS reports and actionable insights.
- Work closely with the various IT teams (internal and external) to consume new data sources, refine existing data sources, build out data visualizations and self-service data access capabilities.
- Train clients on how to use the dashboard
- Implement row-level security on data along with an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI/Tableau.
- Ensure the integrity, availability, and confidentiality of data, reports, dashboards and supporting services.
- Create, test, and deploy Power BI scripts, as well as execute efficient deep analysis
Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting.
Related to Documentation:
- Creating knowledge transfer documentation explaining algorithms, parameters, models, and relations.
- Managing and automating data collection processes, reporting building, and data sharing.
- Learn and improve knowledge of data analytics trends and Power BI functionalities
Evaluate and improve existing BI systems.
- Document reports and process at Git private Wiki
Skills needed from a Power BI Intern:
- Understanding of SQL and/or No-SQL databases.
- Proficiency in Excel and data manipulation techniques.
- Strong Knowledge of Power BI tools.
- Ability to run DAX queries on Power BI desktop.
- You have a dynamic and interesting portfolio of publicly viewable dashboards and reports which highlight your skills in writing DAX queries, KPI development, visualizations, and storytelling.
- You are comfortable in building and designing optimized data models
- DAX knowledge is a must and the applicant must be familiar with working on DAX.
- Strong Knowledge of connecting Microsoft Power BI to various data sources.
- Capable of enabling row-level data security.
- Knowledge of Power BI application security layer models.
- Knowledge of Programming languages like Python.
- You understand data warehousing and delta lakes.
- You have an interest in emerging tools BI trends and tools such as MS Fabric.
- You are proficient in tools such as Power Automate, SharePoint, Excel, JIRA and SSRS.
- You are comfortable with cloud platforms (Azure/AWS) and have some working knowledge of the various resources that they offer