Job Location: Dayton, OH
BigBear.ai is seeking an experienced Software Engineer III to support our customer at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Datyon, Ohio. As part of AFLCMC/HI Business and Enterprise Systems, the JOCAS II Program provides cost accounting for AF major range and test facility bases, research labs and space launch facilities so they can produce reliable and timely management reports, journal vouchers and SF-1080 bills. JOCAS II also tracks time and attendance for all nine JOCAS II sites.
What you will do:
- Working with the Program Systems Integrator/Developer and Capability Development Team (CDT) to assess and resolve technical and engineering issues
- Serve as the principle advisor for technical and engineering aspects of software development
- Monitor system operation and performance throughout system lifecycle
- Utilize application testing tools available via Business and Enterprise Systems (BES) DevSecOps pipeline
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Preparing and installing solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Improving operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Obtaining and licensing software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products
- Providing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Accomplishing engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Developing software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
What you need to have:
- Clearance: must possess and maintain an active Secret Clearance
Advanced Degree (MA/MS) in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering Discipline and 10+ years of experience, or:
BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering Discipline and 12+ years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, or:
15+ years of directly related experience with proper certifications
CompTIA Security+ CE Certification
Possesses the advanced knowledge, experience and recognized ability to be considered an expert in their technical/professional field, possess the ability to perform tasks and oversee the efforts of junior and mid-level personnel within the technical/professional discipline.
Will demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures and practices in their area of expertise. (Program Office, Enterprise and Staff Level Support interface)
Highly proficient with computers and software applications to include Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Expert attention-to-detail & highly organized
Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
What we’d like you to have:
- Working knowledge of the Agile Development Methodology
- Certified SCRUM Master or other Agile Certifications (Desired)
A leader in decision dominance for more than 20 years, BigBear.ai operationalizes artificial intelligence and machine learning at scale through its end-to-end data analytics platform. The Company uses its proprietary AI/ML technology to support its customers’ decision-making processes and deliver practical solutions that work in complex, realistic and imperfect data environments. BigBear.ai’s composable AI-powered platform solutions work together as often as they stand alone: Observe (data ingestion and conflation), Orient (composable machine learning at scale), and Dominate (visual anticipatory intelligence and optimization).
BigBear.ai’s customers, which include the U.S. Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, the U.S. Federal Government, as well as customers in the commercial sector, rely on BigBear.ai’s high value software products and technology to analyze information, identify and manage risk, and support mission critical decision making. Headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, BigBear.ai has additional locations in Virginia, Massachusetts, Michigan, and California.
BigBear.ai will request COVID-19 vaccination status information as part of the onboarding process.