Job Location: Bangalore
BlueOptima’s vision is to become the global reference for the optimisation of the performance of Software Engineers across all industries. We provide industry-leading objective metrics in software development. We enable large organisations to deliver better software, faster and at lower cost, with technology that pushes the limits of what has been done before.
We are a global company which has consistently doubled in headcount and revenue YoY, with no external investment. We currently are located in 4 countries: London (our HQ), Mexico, India and the US. A total number of 180+ employees (and increasing every day) from 22 different nationalities and with over 25 languages spoken.
We promote an open minded environment and encourage our employees to create their own success story in this high performance environment.
BlueOptima has a truly unique collection of vast datasets relating to the changes that software developers make in source code when working in an enterprise software development environment. We are looking for an analytically minded individual with expertise in python and Data Engineering, who will work to streamline the Data Engineering team, support in the development of solutions, and manage the internal development applications such as MLFlow. You will have experiences with the various stages involved in developing Machine Learning models and deploying them yourself. Have experience, monitoring models in production including handling data drift for example.
Support the team to deliver more, by bringing in technological or process improvements that maximise the amount of effort the team can spend on the most challenging aspects of Data Engineering. This should not include manually doing part of the work for any one project but finding and improving the common processes.
Set the standards required for a solution to be released to production and how solutions will be monitored, including for data drift, continuation of service, etc. Ensure that these minimum standards are followed and find better approaches to ensure that all solutions can adopt new improvements quickly. Identify where the minimum standards should be extended for a particular class of solutions or as part of continuous improvement.
The Data Engineering team at BlueOptima accelerates value delivery for internal and external stakeholders by providing production ready solutions & actionable insights. We cater to all products within BlueOptima, supercharging their success through data driven innovation.
You will be working hand-to-hand with a diverse team with a variety of skill sets across the fields of Data Analytics, Machine learning & Artificial intelligence. Majority of the team is currently based out of our Bangalore office.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Optimise the Data Engineering Teams efforts to ensure they are able to deliver best solutions with the least effort.
- Manage the applications supporting the development of both data pipelines and Machine Learning Solutions.
- Identify new solutions of products to accelerate the development
- Track the status, health and performance of internally developed solutions.
- Ensure the Data Engineering teams are able to scale efficiently by automating key processes.
- Create solutions that set the standards to support challenges with Machine Learning such as data drift.
- Facilitate taking solutions into production, though active participation with the internal development teams.
- Spec the requirements to solve a problem, identify the critical path, and timelines and be able to give clear estimates quantifying any uncertainty.
What You Need to Succeed at BlueOptima:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Statistics/Mathematics or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in building and deploying ML solutions.
- Expert level proficiency in Python programming.
- Experience building applications and scripting solutions using frameworks like flask, pandas, numpy.
- Experience in evaluating long term performance of an ML solution in production.
- Experience supporting others to improve their own solutions or approaches.
- Experience setting standards and best practices for a team.
- Strong Analytical skills demonstrated through data engineering or similar experience.
- Experience with scaling, deployment and management of docker solutions using Kubernetes.
- Experience working with both SQL (ideally Postgres) and noSQL databases.
- Comfortable challenging different approaches to problem solving to help others find the best approach.
- Strong written and verbal communication with interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to learn and incorporate new technologies into the BlueOptima ML infrastructure, as and when needed.
Good to have (Technical requirements/ Previous experience)
- Experience working with MLFlow.
- Experience working with machine learning frameworks like Tensorflow(Keras) or Pytorch, Data Visualisation tools (via Grafana, Superset, Kibana, or similar)
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously, and able to draw the parallel between them to find efficiencies.
- An understanding of defensive coding practices with a range of programming languages, understanding the differences in their approaches.
- Experience with automating tasks to maximise time for more important problems.
- Experience of project management and designing processes to deliver successful outcomes.
Your career progression:
In BlueOptima, we strive to strengthen your skills, widen your scope of work and develop your career fast. In this role, you can expect moving to a Technical Lead role depending upon your performance, skill-sets and interests.
Culture and Growth:
- Global team with a creative, innovative and welcoming mindset
- Rapid career growth and opportunity to be an outstanding and visible contributor to the company’s success
- Freedom to create your own success story in a high performance environment
- Training programs and Personal Development Plans for each employee
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Work from Home policy – 2 days home p/w
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Global annual meet up (most recent meetups have been held in Cancun and India)
- High quality equipment (Ergonomic chairs and 32’ screens)