Job Location: San Diego, CA
Job Number: R0156357
Business Analytics Consultant, Junior
To transform in today’s evolving digital world, organizations must harness data to resolve emerging problems at scale. Do you thrive on digging deep into complex data and mining solutions? As an analytics professional, you know how to apply your critical-thinking, business analytics, and technical expertise to develop processes, tools, and applications. If you’re ready to grow your consulting and industry knowledge and develop solutions for national security, there’s a place for you at Booz Allen. You’ll help introduce and recommend new ideas that deliver deep visibility and insights while being part of a supportive team that roots you on.
What You’ll Do:
As a business analytics consultant on our team, you’ll:
- Consult on using business intelligence data for predictive analytics and facilitating implementation of new tools like Tableau, Qlik Sense and Power BI.
- Administer quantitative and qualitative modeling techniques to data through use of traditional tools like Microsoft Excel and new tools like R and Python.
- Apply basic principles and analytical best practices for data collection, aggregation, normalization, and analysis.
- Analyze and process data, while creating and maintaining models and report templates and developing dynamic, data-driven solutions using data engineering tools like Databricks or low-code-no-code applications such as Microsoft Power Apps, Automate and Dataverse.
- Recommend and implement appropriate performance measures to be produced, including lifts, efficiencies, confidence intervals, and other statistical metrics.
- Provide business clients with detailed, actionable reports documenting the findings from data processing and data analysis for program, financial and acquisition management activities.
Bring your analytical mindset and passion for change to help transform our national security to meet the demands of a modern defense strategy.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 1+ years of experience with data visualization, data management, data governance, data strategy, data policy or data engineering
- Experience with querying or analyzing data to answer questions and solve problems
- Experience with visualizing data to identify or communicate key insights
- Knowledge of business analysis or business intelligence tools or approaches
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing organizational processes
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Experience with Tableau, Qlik Sense or Power BI for self-service analytics
- Experience with Microsoft Power Query, Databricks or SQL for data engineering
- Experience with Low-Code-No-Code app development in Power Apps, Automate, and Dataverse
- Experience with AI/ML Python modeling in scikit-Learn, tensorflow, matplotlib and pandas
- Ability to synthesize results and deliver presentations to product owners or stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred; Master’s degree in an analytical field a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics, and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good event
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.