Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bengaluru
Principal Associate, Data Engineer
At Capital One, we think big and do bigger things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card, auto loans and other financial services products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since.
Today, we are a progressive financial services powerhouse spanning Credit Cards, Auto Loans, Savings, and Commercial Banking and at the same time a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a well-recognized brand all in one. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team with heart – a team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration, and delivers world-class products and services impacting over 65 million customer accounts.
Still founder-led by Chairman and CEO Richard Fairbank, we dare to dream, disrupt and deliver a better way for our customers, the financial industry and for each other. Our goal is simple – bring ingenuity, simplicity and humanity to an industry ripe for change.
At DataLabs, Capital One India, we solve fundamental business problems at scale using advanced analytics, data science and machine learning. We specialize in deriving valuable insights about various aspects of the business – including product and process design, consumer behavior, regulatory and credit risk, and much more – from large volumes of data to build cutting edge patentable products at an industrial scale.
DataLabs is looking for Principal Associate, Data Engineer to spearhead our foray into autonomous and intelligent data products that solve the full gamut of business and analytical needs. This role involves working with heads of lines of businesses in our Financial Services division to understand contemporary business needs, lead analytical teams to make impactful and actionable offers, and work with Engineering groups to lead tech delivery of large product builds. The role encompasses recruiting, developing and motivating an exceptional team that is drawn from elite campuses in India and abroad, and focused on our mission to develop world class data products.
At DataLabs, you will work in a fast paced and intellectually rigorous environment. You will apply strategic analytical and product leadership skills to major business challenges. You will have the opportunity to learn and build deep expertise in the core areas of advanced analytics, industrial-scale product design, development and deployment, data science and machine learning. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values problem solving, encourages creativity, promotes learning, and rewards innovation.
DataLabs prides itself on its exceptionally vibrant culture. Our Associate Development program enables us to shape amazing career and professional development opportunities for our associates. Our best-in-class Corporate Social Responsibility program has nurtured longstanding partnerships with committed organizations that make a meaningful difference to the communities around us. The enthusiastic volunteerism of our associates is the backbone of all that we do – it enables us to push the envelope of possibilities and have incredible fun along the way. We bend backwards to take care of one another through thick and thin. Our work and the people we are surrounded by are an enduring source of strength and fulfillment in our lives.
- Work with a team of developers with deep experience in machine learning, distributed microservices, and full stack systems
- Utilize programming languages like Java, Scala, Python and Open Source RDBMS and NoSQL databases and Cloud based data warehousing services such as Redshift and Snowflake
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of customers achieve financial empowerment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in application development
- 1 year of experience in big data technologies
- 5+ years of experience in application development including Python, SQL, Scala, or Java
- 2+ years of experience with a public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- 3+ years experience with Distributed data/computing tools (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, EMR, Kafka, Spark, Gurobi, or MySQL)
- 2+ year experience working on real-time data and streaming applications
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL implementation (Mongo, Cassandra)
- 2+ years of data warehousing experience (Redshift or Snowflake)
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
- 2+ years of experience with Agile engineering practices
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected]. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).