Job Location: Folsom, CA
Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years’ CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers . For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at https://jobs.cemex.com/ .
Th Business Analyst is responsible for the financial and management reporting, analysis, forecasting and budgeting processes for their disgnated Region
- Acts as primary accounting support to the operating locations within the Division.
- Assists with purchasing, inventory, and other transactional issues that may arise.
- Participates in the timely and accurate preparation and/or review of all significant financial information provided to Division, Region and Corporate CEMEX management related to these sites. Duties include monthly closing, forecast updates, capital and operating budget preparation.
- Participates in operational benchmarking and other monthly performance analysis.
- Involved in special projects and ad-hoc report requests related to sales, purchasing, working capital, and operating expenses.
- Analyzes plant and division balance sheet accounts. Assists Division and plant managers with analysis and other support as requested.
- Helps to maintain and assess the system of internal controls, active participant in the self assessment process and periodic inventory observations.
- Other activities including journal entries, maintenance of product inventory values within SAP, generating payments, coding non-trading cash receipts, and reviewing fixed asset transactions
- Part of a high performance management team charged with maximizing EBITDA and return on investment.
- Trains and assists Division personnel in utilizing CEMEX reporting systems to obtain key management information.
- Regular travel to business sites is a requirement of this position.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, CMA or CFM designation or strong candidacy preferred.
- 2+ years of financial management experience. Industry experience helpful.
- Experience in financial analysis/special projects.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Computer literate, in SAP and PC based applications. Strong Excel skills.
- Current knowledge regarding the conceptual framework underlying financial accounting.
- Diplomacy and ability to function as a leader in a team environment are required.
- Able to prioritize task, work as a team member as well as individually.
- Capable of working in an open concept office environment
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently.
- Job involves sitting most of the time with walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes
- 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX offers both competitive pay and benefits. Benefits applicable to this position may include, but are not limited to, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off, and Holiday Pay, as well as a comprehensive wellness program to help keep employees and their families healthy and well. You can learn more about CEMEX Benefits by visiting the CEMEX USA Benefits and Well-Being page. (https://www.cemexusa.com/careers/life-at-cemex/benefits-well-being).
EEO Statement – En Español
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.