Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Virginia
CGI is looking for a talented and experienced business analyst to join a dynamic program. In this client-facing role you will analyze current business processes, develop requirements, design business and operating models, implement business strategies, test solutions, and assist with user training. To succeed in this role, you will need to communicate well with the technical team as well as with clients. The ability to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines is an asset in this position. If you are an experienced team player and a creative problem-solver, we’d like to meet you.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Provide functional support for implementation activities such as requirements analysis, development of design, configuration documentation and training.
- Lead requirement gathering sessions by asking the right questions and probing for the answers.
- Conduct analysis on problems independently, research and recommend solutions and execute resolution steps to address client issues.
- Evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand format.
- Provide support for testing to include developing test scenarios and documentation and performing validation testing for the core application.
- Support the preparation of all contract deliverables while ensuring all tasks are completed on time and within scope.
- Identify improvements and pain-points and develop strategies to implement suitable and maintainable technologies.
- Prepare and deliver client presentations, work products, and prototypes.
- Lead and participate in the full software development life cycle (SDLC) from scoping, analysis, design, implementation, and quality assurance to delivery and support.
- Manage technical projects and deliverables throughout the SDLC process using Waterfall or Agile processes.
- Proactively learn new concepts and technologies to help identify innovative solutions to complex business and technical problems.
- Train and mentor junior project team resources.
- Develop positive working relationships with clients and technical team members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in strategic and technical management, with a minimum of at least 5 years’ hands on experience in delivery management and/or transition strategies
- Experience in business strategy development/execution, and providing strategic advisory services to clients.
- Experience writing technical documents (both collaboratively and independently) and comfortable crafting documentation without templates and sometimes with minimal input from others.
- Knowledgeable of software development in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Excellent consulting/relationship management skills.
- Able to analyze complex issues and explain key concepts to clients.
- Strong communication and leadership skills with ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Comfortable interacting with senior management, which involves influencing on strategic matters.
- Comfortable acting as a liaison between business and technical teams in order to drive solutions.
- Able to comprehend new concepts, ask pertinent questions, execute and document ideas and concepts with minimal direction.
- Ability to drive and lead conversations in regards to overall objectives with both current and future goals and technologies.
- Exceptional presentation skills whit the ability to convey technology and business value propositions.
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
- Previous Federal consulting experience preferred.
Minimum Years of directly related experience Required: 5
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $54,000-$140,000*
- Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
- 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
- Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
- Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment,
- Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [email protected] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
- Information technology
- Project Management
- Data Warehousing