Job Location: Orange, CA
- Assist in creating and evaluating data sets.
- Assist with analysis of user request; identify potential problem areas and recommend solutions.
- Assist in creating reporting tools to extract and compile requested data. Work with supervisors to coordinate data requests and ensure that reports are provided in a timely manner.
- Follow up on pending requests and assist offices with reporting problems.
Prepare class schedule and program review data.
- Clean and prepare multiple data sets with the assistance of the Vice Provost and Senior Academic Data Analyst.
- Follow up with schools and departments on data issues.
- Maintain MS Access database and other reports using cleaned class schedule data.
- Work with university administrators to update and provide data based on program review requirements.
System Troubleshooting (25%)
Third-Party Program Maintenance (15%)
Data Analytics (10%)
Other Duties (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong technical skills to learn and become proficient in computer applications and administrative systems used by the university.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Computer skills in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database, Internet and electronic mail software, preferably of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with individuals and groups at all organizational levels.
- Strong analytical skills to understand diverse academic data, create reporting tools, and generate reports.
- Strong team player.
- Telephone skills to communicate with students, faculty, and staff.
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic computations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and percentages.
- Strong writing skills to prepare clear and concise correspondence and manuals.
- Experience in prioritizing duties when faced with interruptions, distractions, and fluctuating workload
- Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to use standard office equipment: telephone, copier, fax, PC, computer printers, etc.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Ability to maintain data integrity and accuracy.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion and outcomes of a criminal background screening, credit check, and returning to the Office of Human Resources a signed original acceptance of the Chapman University Agreement to Arbitrate