Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Austin, TX
Job Title : Senior Tableau Administrator
Client : Infosys/Apple
Location : Austin, TX
Duration : Contract
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting Tableau multi-node cluster on Physical servers/Virtual Machines.
- Expert level experience in Tableau cluster administration via command line interface.
- Detailed understanding of LDAP/SAML/OKTA/Active Directory configuration and users/group sync with various tableau sites.
- Detailed understanding of Tableau security including securing dashboards, applying, and auditing ACL permissions.
- Understanding of various Tableau server components like VizQL, Elastic search, Data Engine, Tableau repository, tableau PostgreSQL database, etc., Working on new multi-node cluster(s) tableau cluster build projects and capacity planning requirements.
- Carry out regular OS patching maintenance activities of Tableau cluster servers.
- Automate deployment, maintenance, and tableau services monitoring activities.
- Performance tuning for various Tableau services and efficiently manage Tableau resource.
- Maintain Tableau cluster portal access, workbook permissions, licensing needs etc., Good understanding of SSL configuration in the Tableau cluster environment to provide secure connections to the end users.
- Carry out new tableau version installation/upgrade of the existing Tableau cluster.
- Monitoring Tableau scheduled background tasks and response on any service failures.
- Regular backup of Tableau cluster data and good understanding of tableau restore procedure to execute when required.
- Understanding of network VIPs requirement for the Tableau cluster to provide a common graphical interface portal for the end users to access backend data and troubleshooting basic network issues in a Linux server environment.
- Working with Tableau vendor support teams on any tableau cluster related issues /escalations, new tableau requirements to ensure better health of Tableau clusters, upgrade of existing cluster etc.,
- Provide 24/7 on call support based on “on call roster”
Required Skills and Qualifications :
- Expert level experience in a Tableau Administrator or a similar System Administrator role that involved Tableau cluster responsibilities.
- Experience with performing Tableau services performance tuning.
- Good working knowledge of Tableau clusters running on Linux Operating systems (CentOS, RedHat Linux is preferable).
- Working knowledge on any one of the scripting languages like Perl, Python, Bash to carry out on-demand automation requirements in everyday operations tasks.
- Experience working on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep builder and other Tableau user tools that interact with the Tableau server architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- 10+ years of IT experience
- 5+ years of experience working with Tableau Desktop and Server
- Certification in Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Experience developing and administering enterprise-level business intelligence solutions
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications :
- Experience with other business intelligence tools, such as Business Objects and Thoughtspot
- Experience with SQL, relational databases, and data warehousing
- Experience with Ansible
Job Type: Contract
Pay: From $60.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Austin, TX 78701: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Submit CV To All Data Science Job Consultants Across United States For Free