Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Poona, Maharashtra
GFT Finance_Product Control(S2)_Abinitio ETL Lead_AVP/C12
GFT Product Control
Product Control Applications Development and Delivery Lead
The primary purpose of this role is to work on the Batch Processing Interface development for the Product Control Technology area. This will involve working closely with the business and SMEs on the Batch Processing development work slate, provide estimate efforts, ensure timely delivery on committed items and to provide solutions and deliverables as part of software development as according to the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
The role forms part of GFT Product Control Development Team in Pune and supports the Product Control Department who have responsibility for controlling daily profit-and-loss reporting, price verification and new trading activity and works closely with many areas of the business, including the Trading desks, Middle Office, Risk Management, Operations and Finance.
- Understanding Business Requirements and Functional Requirements provided by Business Analysts and working as part of the development team to produce Technical Design Documents and deliver solutions on those requirements.
- Ensure project deliverables are created and PTS documentation is up to date.
- Work closely with Cross Functional Teams e.g. Business Analysis, Product Assurance, Platforms and Infrastructure, Business Office, Controls and Production Support. Prepare handover documents, perform unit testing, SIT and assist with UAT and Production Implementation as required.
- Identify and proactively resolve issues that could impact system performance, reliability, and usability.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of how the development function integrates within overall business/technology to achieve objectives; requires a good understanding of the industry.
- Work proactively & independently to address development requirements and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address risks
- Ability to understand complex data problems, analyze and provide generic solutions compatible with existing Infrastructure.
- Design, Implement, Integrate and test new features.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions. Assisting other developers on their implementation as needed, and participate with review activities like design review, code review and technical document review etc. to ensure successful delivery.
- Explore existing application systems, determines areas of complexity, potential risks to successful implementation.
- Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to software architecture, software development process and new technologies etc.
- Ability to build relationship with business and technology stakeholders.
- 8+ years’ experience in software development and 5+ years of experience in Finance or Product Control industry is a must.
- Strong knowledge of ETL methodology with 8+ years of experience in Ab Initio tool kit (GDE, Control Centre, Metadata Hub, Meta Programming, Graphs, Plans, Real Time Component like Call Web Service, etc..), Strong hands on Multifile system level programming, debugging and optimization skill.
- Hands on experience in developing complex ETL applications.
- Good knowledge of RDBMS – Oracle, with ability to write complex SQL needed to investigate and analyze data issues, SQL tuning, writing packages, triggers, functions, and procedures
- Strong in UNIX Shell/Perl Scripting.
- Strong Unix Server space optimization, debugging skill set
- Proven 4+ years of experience in working with complex data warehouses.
- Good to have knowledge and experience on Big Data, JAVA/SPARK ETL Data load process architecture
- Strong analytic skills.
- Good communication and internal customer management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Bachelor of Science or master’s degree in computer science or Engineering or related discipline.
- Strong work organization and prioritization capabilities.
- Takes ownership and accountability for assigned work.
- Ability to manage multiple activities.
- Focused and determined in getting the job done right.
- Ability to identify and manage key risks and issues.
- Personal maturity and sense of responsibility.
- Shows drive, integrity, sound judgment, adaptability, creativity, self-awareness, and an ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Sensitive to cultural and background differences and environments Confident and assertive.
- Values diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce.
- Appreciates differences in style or perspective.
Citigroup is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO is the Law poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting