Job Location: Mumbai
In the Global Assessments & People Analytics & Insights group at Citigroup, we solve business problems with workforce and business data. We conduct analyses to enable evidence- based decision making. We use statistical models to predict future outcomes. We provide actionable insights. Our mission is to equip decision makers with data-driven insights through analytics to make the best decisions about people – individuals, teams and organizations—to drive business performance.
The “Data Analyst/Tableau Developer – People Analytics and Insights” will be responsible for:
- Working with large quantities of data to reveal complex data patterns and offer deep causal insights to better support decision making by creating, maintaining and updating interactive data dashboards and visualizations
- Delivering high quality analysis, reports, presentation and scalable dashboards using simple and effective visualizations techniques that can be shared with business leaders, HR partners and COE leaders
- Analyzing internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devising and implementing new innovative workflow solutions to improve data visualization
- Telling a compelling story with data and presenting insights in a consumable format for varying audiences
- Assisting in execution and automation of analytical projects to ensure that the outputs fulfill client requirements and expectations.
- Maintaining our internal database, existing dashboards, the documentation of relevant data definitions.
- Recommending and apply analytical/technical visualization expertise to help solve, inform, influence, support, and execute business decisions with workforce and business data
- Understand and interpret requirements to translate proposed solutions into a technical output using existing or new dashboards
- Working with technology and various other partners to build and maintain the People Analytics and Insights database. This includes integrating multiple systems and data sources to build large and complex data sets and making them usable for analytics studies (e.g. transforming and cleaning data, working with incomplete data sources, etc…)
- Staying abreast of current trends/research in data science research and technology
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree/B.Tech preferably in Statistics, Economics, Math, Computer science, Engineering
5+ years of experience as a:
- Tableau developer/Tableau analyst with high level of expertise in data visualization and automation
- Advanced SQL and Excel (or similar language for querying relational databases)
- Basic understanding of SAS, R, Python and other similar scripting languages
- Deep understanding of Tableau server
- Tableau certification is a plus
- Knowledge of Basic Statistical Concepts: Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, ANOVA etc.
- Experience managing and working with large databases, data management, including understanding of various data structures and common methods in data transformation, data validation and audit
- Experience independently initiating and driving visualization/dashboard projects to completion
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills—Analytics & Insights is a team sport
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple research/analytics projects at the same time
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and critical thinking
- Business and HR acumen is preferred
- Adaptive to matrix work environment
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Job Family Group:
Specialized Analytics (Data Science/Computational Statistics)
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting