Job Location: Remote
Citrix builds the secure digital workspace technology that frees 400,000 customers to do their very best work from anywhere. By joining our award-winning workplace, you’ll be included in the globally diverse, collaborative team that values work-life balance. Come see why Fortune named us one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Let’s innovate and grow together!
What we’re looking for:
You are a seasoned Database Engineer who would be part of a strong team that manages Database systems worldwide. You would partner with various business units and technology staff members to ensure IT database platforms are built and operated at optimal performance standards while meeting rigorous security regulations.
This role will focus on SQL Server based database systems both on premise and in the cloud. Strong cross functional and communication skills would be required to interact with numerous organizations within and outside of IT. Provide coordination in the planning, administration, monitoring, and performance optimization of databases. Perform database tasks including database creation, definition of physical and logical structures, documentation, definition of operational guidelines, and data protection. Ensure accuracy and completeness of data. Establish and maintain security and integrity controls. Formulate and monitor policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management. Propose and implement enhancements that improve the performance and reliability of database systems. Fast paced and constantly evolving environment.
- Create and modify database structures using Data Definition Language (DDL) statements to create tables and appropriate indices for optimal data access, as well as database objects such as stored procedures, functions, views, and triggers.
- Monitor backlog of open tickets and incidents. Determine trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for the day to day administration and availability of systems and applications; proactively seek ways to enhance availability, administration, and automation opportunities of systems.
- Lead collaboration within own team and across teams, as directed, to meet project deliverables.
- Follow and influence the company change control process to implement system and application changes.
- Coordinate with system vendors to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in the On Call Rotation to provide 24/7 support to the organization.
- Ensure 24/7 system availability and manage critical incidents; troubleshoot issues to full resolution and provide detailed updates to management.
- Assist and participate in mentoring team members.
- Document and adhere to Sarbanes Oxley and CIS Controls.
- Collaborate with other IT departments to ensure systems are well integrated within release management.
- Coordinate and perform routine outages over the weekend and quarterly disaster recovery tests.
- Install server-based application software in coordination with server administrators. Install new software, service packs, release updates, upgrades, and fixes.
- Plan, prepare, implement, and test backup and recovery procedures for all databases.
- Implement periodic security controls. Manage database users and their appropriate level of permissions.
- Plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot multiple types of high availability techniques such as clustering/RAC, Always On, database mirroring, hot standby servers, Data Guard, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience supporting large production databases
- Strong understanding of high availability technologies such as clustering, Always On, Data Guard, RAC, replication, etc.
- Strong understanding of database security concepts and database hardening
- Working knowledge of ITL Methodologies and System Lifecycles
- Must be able to work independently and have a strong team orientation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Complex problem solving abilities along with strong analytical and technical skills.
- Database Certification is a plus
- Database experience in the Cloud such as Azure, Atlas, GCP, etc is preferred
- SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) and Agile methodology experience preferred
What you’re looking for:
Everyone is welcome at Citrix. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and a culture of belonging, and celebrate bringing our courageous, authentic selves to work. We believe this way of working helps us innovate, and it’s just one of the reasons why our employees continuously recognize Citrix as a great place to work.
Citrix helps make work more sustainable to benefit the planet, our business, and our communities. For more than 30 years, we have empowered individuals and organizations to work remotely or work from anywhere, reducing commuting emissions and energy consumption in the process.
We are the #1 leader in Virtual Client Computing (VCC) and #2 in the Application Delivery Controller (ADC) space, and we have key partnerships with top cloud providers. We’ll give you the tools, learning opportunities, mentorship, and flexibility to achieve your goals. Come see why you belong at Citrix, with our culture supporting purposeful innovation and growth from within.
We offer a competitive total rewards package* that includes:
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Health and wellness benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Retirement benefits
- Education assistance
- Time off and absence programs
- Professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Paid volunteer time and charitable matching of employee donations
- Employee resource groups
- And more!
**Please note that benefits may vary based on location.
At Citrix, our employees perform extraordinary acts of creativity and service every day. We provide benefits and rewards that meet the diverse needs of our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and equitable rewards opportunities for all employees. In the state of Colorado, the salary for this role generally ranges from $115,869 -$144,836 but may vary depending on your qualifications including job-related education, training, experience, licensure, and certification, that could result at a level outside of this range. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus, sales incentives, and/or stock depending on the terms of the applicable plan and role as well as individual performance. Benefits may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Citrix and the country where you work. U.S. based employees are typically offered access to healthcare, life insurance and disability benefits, 401(k) plan and company match, employee stock purchase program (ESPP), and education assistance program, among others.
President Biden released an Executive Order stating that federal contractors must require COVID-19 vaccinations for all US employees. As a company that works on federal contracts, we have a legal requirement to comply with the Executive Order. To be considered for this career opportunity, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated or have an acceptable medical or religious accommodation. Learn more about our COVID-19 policies.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at [email protected] for assistance.
By applying, you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.