Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Pennsylvania
Are you an office version of MacGyver? Does your digital literacy rival Richard Branson? Do you want to work in an environment that welcomes creativity and innovation? Then, check out this Business Analyst 3 position with the PUC’s Bureau of Consumer Services (BCS). We call ourselves the TRAQ Team and we are looking for another member. Are you the one?
This position serves as an Analyst/Statistician/Developer/Tester/Trainer/QA & QC Analyst/Technical Support and Innovations Leader (or any combination thereof). The position assignment will be with either the OPS Unit or TRAQU Team within the BCS. The TRAQ Unit: Tracking, Reporting, Analytics, Quality; The OPS Unit: Organizational Development, Projects, Systems Support & Innovations.
These teams work collaboratively to track, analyze, and report data which is used to help develop and improve staff performance, to advance technology, and to improve customer service to the public sector. In addition, this role will focus on the following:
- Bringing outsourced public reporting support in-house by mastering new software to house and analyze the data. Backward analysis of existing reports to re-build them on the new platform. Identifying anomalies and addressing them before presenting the information as final draft to the managers or director.
- Using MS Excel, Access, Power BI, Tableau, and other relational database software: provide advanced reporting and analysis and work with bureau staff on reports design and development. E.g., creation of performance dashboards’
- Managing projects for new technologies, procedures, and processes. E.g., working behind the scenes to create and maintain virtual agents (web and voice-bots) and integrating other new apps and software into our internal and contact center solutions.
- Developing and maintaining performance standards and measurements, leading teams to identify and implement work process improvements, new systems and systems enhancements.
- Monitoring the implementation and administration of utility related programs.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday, with one-hour lunch.
Telework: This position is headquartered in one of the following Harrisburg or Philadelphia. Telework is a potential feature of these positions for employees. Successful candidates are required to report to one of the headquarters worksite daily, unless the employee meets eligibility requirements and telework has been approved. To be eligible to participate in telework, the employee’s Alternate (telework) Worksite must meet the following requirements: The telework worksite must be located 1) within a reasonable travel distance of Harrisburg or Philadelphia and 2) within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Please direct all questions regarding reasonable distance and the type of available telework to the PUC Human Resource Office at [email protected] or (717) 787-8714. Management may discontinue any telework arrangement at any time, for any reason. Candidates who do not wish to telework or are not eligible to telework, will work from the headquarters office in Harrisburg or Philadelphia.
Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- One year as a Business Analyst 2; or
- Two years of business process analysis experience and a bachelor’s degree; or
- Six years of business process analysis experience; or
- An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- You must meet the PA residency requirement. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at [email protected].
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Learn more about our Total Rewards by watching this short video!
Health & Wellness
We offer multiple health plans so our employees can choose what works best for themselves and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
Compensation & Financial Planning
We invest in our employees by providing competitive wages and encouraging financial wellness by offering multiple ways to save money and ensure peace of mind including multiple retirement and investment plan options.
We know there’s more to life than just work! Our generous paid leave benefits include paid vacation, paid sick leave, six weeks of paid parental leave, military leave, and paid time off for most major U.S. holidays, as well as flexible work schedules and work-from-home opportunities.*
Values and Culture
We believe in the work we do and provide continual opportunities for our employees to grow and contribute to the greater good. As one of the largest employers in the state, we provide opportunities for internal mobility, professional development, and the opportunity to give back by participating in workplace charitable giving.
Sometimes, it is the little “extras” that make a big difference. Our employees receive special employee-only discounts and rates on a variety of services and memberships.
For more information on all of these Total Rewards benefits, please visit www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.