Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience™ has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations. We’re looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to create a market-shaping, agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture.
We are looking for a data architect that will work with data domain teams and stakeholders to help their teams produce useful data products that accelerate our ability and agility to utilize data for analytics. This person will understand the business needs around data analysis, explore existing data structures, and create a blueprint for building an integrated framework for providing high quality data aligned with business strategy.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Be a trusted partner to teams throughout R&D around data architecture
- Managing end-to-end data architecture, from selecting and evaluating the platform/tools, designing the technical architecture, and developing applications for proposed solutions
- Coordinating and collaborating with cross-functional data domain teams, stakeholders, and vendors for implementing data product pipelines for analytics.
- Establishing architectural standards and policies.
- Conducting a continuous audit of data management system performance, refine whenever required, and report immediately any breach or loopholes to the stakeholders.
- Turning the requirements of the business data domains into technical terms, like data streams, integrations, transformations, data storage, and access.
- Specifying data architecture framework, standards, and principles. This includes, but not limited to, modeling, metadata, policies for quality and security, reference data.
- Working well and being able to explain solutions clearly with many different departments, stakeholders, partners, and external vendors.
- Creating data processing models that work with the planned business model.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Has an excellent amount of knowledge and thorough understanding of the cloud, databases, applications, and programs
- You have expert level programming expertise in Python
- Experience working with cloud computing technologies for working with big data (AWS is preferred)
- You are very comfortable with SQL
- You are good at taking vague requirements and converting them into scalable data solutions
- You have exceptional communication skills
- You are interested in data science and analytics
- You have experience contributing and using open source technology and libraries
- A passion for learning and working in a collaborative team environment.
- A self-directed learner with a passion to stay on the cutting edge of technology.
- Linux or OS X is your preferred operating system.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, Information Management, or relevant experience in the requirements listed above.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in scientific organizations (ie., pharma, agriculture, etc.)
- Experience with analytical systems and data science
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!