Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Seattle, WA
This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2021, Costco contributed over $58 million to organizations such as United Way and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the third largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in fourteen countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco ranks seventh in Forbes “World’s Best Employers”.
The Costco IT Division is inviting students currently enrolled in an IT undergraduate or graduate program at a community college, college or university to participate in a 12-week paid internship program during the winter of 2023. Interns will work within specific areas in Costco’s Information Systems Division. Interns will attend presentations given by various members of Executive Management from IS and other areas of the Company. Interns will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses. Housing is not provided.
As an intern on the BI & Analytics Supply Chain & Ecommerce team you will work with a small group of other data interns supported by mentors that are experienced in Costco’s culture and technology landscape. As a group you meet with BI&A management stakeholders on a weekly basis to provide regular progress updates and receive feedback. At the end of your internship you are expected to deliver a working prototype and present your solution to a larger group of IT, as well as business representatives.
If you want to be a part of one of the worldwide BEST companies “to work for”, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Works with stakeholders to identify solutions that support their business requirements.
- Works independently and within a team environment.
- Pays attention to detail, is self-motivated with the ability to follow instructions and complete assignments on time.
- Learns and applies new concepts, processes and tools.
- Takes initiative to solve problems and multi-tasks by prioritizing projects and deadlines.
- Communicates effectively with team members, stakeholders and all levels of management.
- Tells stories through modern visualization techniques and presents to stakeholders.
- Performs advanced data analysis to support any area of Costco’s business.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess good organizational, time, and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize, and stay well organized.
- Must be maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must be students currently enrolled in an IT undergraduate or graduate program at a community college, college or university or a recent graduate in data science, business analytics or related disciplines.
- Enthusiasm for helping Costco use data effectively to evaluate and improve business insights.
- Must have academic knowledge of forecasting models, machine learning, and natural language processing.
- Experience providing visualizations and storytelling for business decision-making.
- Comfortable working in both business and technical environments.
- Strong logical thinking skills. Ability to think creatively in order to envision relationships between data.
- Resourceful, self-motivated, and able to meet responsibilities with minimal direct supervision.
- Accountable team player with a constructive attitude; problem-solving and customer service mindset.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program with the focus on Data Science, Statistics, Business Analytics or similar discipline.
- Hands-on experience of developing forecasting models, machine learning, and natural language processing solving specific business problems.
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Costco warehouse, Ecommerce or retail experience is a plus.
- Cover Letter
California applicants, please click here to review the Costco Applicant Privacy Notice.
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.