Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Poona
As a Big-Data Engineer you will be joining our growing team of big-data experts in F1 Engineering India team of Credit Suisse. This role offers:
- Working in a fast-paced agile environment supported with the latest full stack technologies and methodologies
- Opportunity to collaboratively work as part of the global-team
- Clear and regular interaction with business functions’ owners and business partners
- Chance to create & develop enterprise architecture solutions being used across divisions and operations within the bank and build enterprise grade scalable application landscape tools
- Opportunity to improve the knowledge of finance domain & related business processes
- Build and optimize ‘big-data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Authoring advanced SQL and working with a variety of relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Identifying innovative ways to solve the problems and increase customer satisfaction for CFO business
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and seek opportunities for improvement
- Communicate and work collaboratively with business and technology teams to support changes and implementation
- Design, develop and deploy metadata mappers and rules for source to target data harmonization, data auto-correction, data quality validation, etc.
- Analysis using SQL queries on IMPALA Hive, HDFS tables for providing effective solutions and confirming requirements
- Agile story testing, Jira and confluence documentation and functional support for releases
- Translating business requirements and functional specifications into agile features and user stories
- Documentation of interface design in form of DDA, OLA and SLA agreements
- Maintaining data lineage for key data attributes
Your future colleagues
The F1 Engineering (F1 core) value stream is globally responsible for Finance One (F1), the most strategic big-data platform for CFO, created to provide a single, complete, consistent and harmonized repository of data for CFO business users. F1 team is part of the wider CFO solutions organization within CFO Tech department and has a global presence in India, Singapore, New York, Zurich, Amsterdam, Rayleigh, and Poland.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Experience of 6-8 years working in big-data platform for implementing projects with high SLA of data availability and data quality, exposure to public cloud technologies is a major plus.
- 3+ years of strong delivery experience in Big-data technologies, Cloudera Hadoop components such as HDFS, Sentry, Impala, Hue, Spark, Hive, Kafka and programming languages like Java, Scala & Python.
- Proven experience using DevOps toolsets like Jira, Git, Jenkins, Nolio, TDD/BDDtools like Cucumber
- Experience on Reporting Tools like OBIEE, Qlik or Tableau and Relational DBs (Oracle) is an advantage
- Flexible, people and organization savvy – ability to work in a matrix environment across regions with fast pace
- Good knowledge of agile deliveries
- Outstanding communication skills and presentation skills
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
- Familiarity with Finance Business domain;
- Previous background in using ETL tools like informatica would be a good-to-have.
- Experience of working in a globally distributed team spanning across multiple regions and locations
- Self-motivated, hardworking and proven fast learner who possess good problem solving skills
- Takes ownership of tasks assigned to ultimate resolution.
- Accuracy and timeliness of delivering solutions using the best IT standards and practices
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.