Job Location: Mumbai
This is a role within Business Finance, where the candidate will be accountable for the managing monthly financial control functions .The products covered are Loans, Bonds, Equities OTC products.
Your key responsibilities
Produce Review daily PL and risk reporting along with PL attribution flash vs actual reconciliation.
- Perform month-end close activities – SAP journals and reconciliations
- Balance sheet substantiation, i.e. obtaining requisite supports for GL accounts in line with MRP policy
- Preparation of regulatory disclosures
- Production of various MIS reports for the above businesses within agreed timelines
- Coach new joinees in the team; allocate tasks and train them with guidance from manager.
- Review work performed by analysts in the team.
- Identify process gaps and suggest / implement improvements
- Cross train colleagues and create back-ups for all tasks
- Participate in weekly / monthly conference calls with onshore counterparts
- Prepare and update documentation for the processes being performed
- Maintaining the SOX documentation as required
Your skills and experience
- An experience of 3 – 5 years in the core accounting function of an organisation would be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of financial market products such as Loans, Bonds CDS.
- Adaptable and culturally aware. Experience of working in a global environment preferable.
- Proven ability to, own and develop successful relationships with front office and/or external clients
- Strong team player with integrity
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritizes responsibilities, and escalates issues as necessary.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, strong Word and Excel skills required
- Commerce graduate / MBA (finance) or pursuing professional qualification in the areas of CA / ICWA / CFA.