Job Location: Bangalore
Job Description :
Job Title: Expert Professional Data Engineer
Location: Bangalore or Budapest
Take our heritage into the future. Make way for tomorrow with Diageo eCommerce.
From pioneers like Arthur Guinness, John Walker and Elizabeth Cumming, to the digital disrupters already shaping our future, at Diageo, we’ve never stopped looking forward. We’re continuing to build on our heritage and, with eCommerce at the heart of everything we do, we’re creating our legacy for tomorrow. Join us and explore new ways ahead with digital sales channels, consumer insight and data. As you help us to keep shaking up the market with industry-leading solutions, you’ll transform your career too.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. With over 200 brands in 180 countries and a global network of entrepreneurial individuals, our teams blend a diverse range of experience, knowledge and skills. We connect customers and consumers to our iconic products and create innovative experiences that bring people together to celebrate life.
Develop new analytics solutions on Analytics & Insights platform
- Ensure smooth delivery of on-going projects through demonstrating leadership across developers and external consultants
- Support Product manager with resource allocation for development and maintenance tasks
- Supervise activities of on-site consultants and co-ordinate on-going developments
- Coordinate and support less experienced Data Engineers through development cycles and ensure best practices are shared
Spread best practice within team:
- Understand use cases and best practice of Analytics & Insights visualization platforms (MicroStratgy, PowerBI, Qlik Sense)
- Co-ordinate learning curve of peers at A&I team in learning existing solutions, development applications and documentation standards
- Seek out and provide the business with the most efficient and effective solutions for finding business critical information
- Support Product Manager to provide insight, analysis, and recommendations as an SME to address cross project information and integration issues and resolve them.
- Work with the other A&I Architecture and Development teams to maintain the design, architecture, development standards and best practices
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Collaborate with architecture to design and implement end-to-end, enterprise analytics products
- Clean, prepare and optimize data for ingestion and consumption in support of large, complex, scalable, end-to-end solutions
- Support Product Managers/Scrum/POD teams as Subject Matter Expert for development techniques, tools, architecture, and resources.
- Manage/Lead Scrum/POD teams on large development projects, manage contractors
- Mentor and develop other data engineers
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, or related field
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in the following areas:
Core Programming Languages:
- SAP BODS
- MSFT SSIS
- SQL Server
- Data Modeling – Kimball
- Agile Delivery
- Azure environment and Tools
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in CPG or Beverage Alcohol
- Large multinational company experience – desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in some management capacity (i.e. – Team lead, POD Lead, Project Lead, Mentor – no line management experience required)
- Fluent business English
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :