Job Location: Bangalore/Bengaluru
- Strong experience working on SQL or other DBMS systems.
- Good experience in designing and building database schemas, dimensional modeling, working on reporting platforms or big data technologies (for data analysis and modeling.
- Working knowledge in any of the BI tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview etc.) and with any of the scripting languages (R, Python, etc.). Knowledge of advanced excel is a must.
Key competencies that you will exhibit for this role:
- Acts as an SME on the consumption of operational data sources and systems in Flipkart.
- Able to envision & implement the optimal data modeling, physical design, performance optimization technique/approach required for the problem across functional areas
- Demonstrates expertise and flexibility in handling multiple BI systems used for ETL and reporting purposes
- Able to troubleshoot issues and co-own timely resolution needed by Engineering / Product teams
- Move the business towards self serve (especially in BI adoption)
- Possess deep understanding of the relevant business function and key business metrices along with their dependencies on other streams in Flipkart
- Independently performs deep RCAs, generates actionable insights and where applicable, identifies new data driven opportunities for the business
- Presents, articulates and influences stakeholders through findings/insights
- Proactively identifies and acts on opportunities to leverage automation to improve process productivity
- Develops standards and processes for QC validation, anomaly detection and alert notifications.
- Accountable for timely delivery with the right quality, keeping the project team honest progress and risks
- Guides the team in selecting methods and techniques to design, implement, modify and support a variety of data products and services
- Contributes to form longer term plans of the team
- Demonstrates the understanding of the business context and the analytical/reporting needs (across functional areas) especially when working on New product / New Service introduction
- Communicates effectively around aspects of project execution: requirements, time-lines, dependencies, priorities and impact
- Broadcast significant events (metrics, reports, insights, analysis) to relevant stakeholders
- Trains the business stakeholders to enable them self-serve the adhoc asks