Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Please note: This in-person position is performed onsite at Freeport-McMoRan’s corporate office in Phoenix, Arizona. In accordance with Freeport-McMoRan’s requirement for all employees who are working or attending a meeting onsite at the corporate office, if you are hired you will be required to submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to entry, unless the company has granted a medical or religious accommodation.
You will be a lead contributor on a fast-growing team pursuing a vision of analytics-driven mining at Freeport. Your expertise in software engineering and machine learning will enable and empower our data science team to build and deploy complex models and software systems to production. At Freeport we understand that our models do not reach their full potential until they become solutions consumable by the enterprise. You will work in close collaboration with mining operations, subject matter experts, data scientists, and software engineers to not only develop advanced AI and ML solutions but deploy and automate those solutions in production environments. You will be a champion of MLOps, DevOps, and agile practices; leading project teams and mentoring junior team members.
Software and Solution Engineering:
- Develop, productionize, and deploy scalable, resilient software solutions for operationalizing AI & ML
- Adhere to software architecture and software design best practices to write scalable, maintainable, well-designed code. Champion of Object-Oriented Design Principles: DRY, SRP, Open Closed, Liskov Substitution, Dependency Inversion, Interface Segregation, DelegationIn collaboration with Data Engineering design and build feature engineering pipelines for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of data sources for ML models.
- In collaboration with Data Engineering and Data Scientists, build CI/CD pipelines that automate code quality checks and deployment actions
- Stay current on new developments in ML frameworks, data structures, data modelling, software architecture and libraries available for solution development
- Coach data scientists and data engineers on software development best practices
- Agile Project Work: Work in cross-functional agile teams of highly skilled software/machine learning engineers, data scientists, DevOps engineers, designers, product managers, technical delivery teams, and others to continuously innovate AI and MLOps solutions. Proactively participate in problem solving sessions and the scrum process to ensure delivery of business objectives. Acts as a facilitator of complex technical topics that require cross-functional consultation.
- Team Development/Coaching: Act as a positive coach/mentor for broader organization to develop stronger understanding of software architecture and software design patterns that create scalable, maintainable, well-designed analytics solutions. Proactively seek out opportunities to learn new skillsets and understand how they can be applied to the Freeport Analytics practice.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and five (5) years of relevant work experience; OR
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and three (3) years of relevant work experience; OR
- Ph.D. in engineering, computer science, analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and one (1) year of relevant work experience
Strong experience in at least two areas below:
- Proficient practitioner of Python development with experience designing high quality, production Python codebases
- Proficient practitioner in software and ML systems architecture
- Experience applying software development best practices into machine learning projects, including DevOps CI/CD, Release Management, and Test-Driven Development using Python and SQL
- Data science experience wrangling data, model selection, model training, modeling validation, e.g., Operational Readiness Evaluator and Model Development and Assessment Framework, and deployment at scale
- Experience with Agile and DevOps software development principles/methodologies, keep team focus on deliver business value
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Experience with Edge Analytics, embedded systems, or computer vision.
- Experience with Databricks and Azure cloud suite with emphasis on ML tools.
- Experience working in Data Architecture, engineering and ETL teams, managing Design, Implementation of projects that utilize big data, advanced analytics and machine learning technologies.
- Experience influencing and building mindshare convincingly with any audience. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences.
- Strong verbal and written skills in English language.
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by elevator
- Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 10 pounds
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hart hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safey-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
Submit CV To All Data Science Job Consultants Across United States For Free