Job Location: Mumbai
We’re building the future of private financial markets
Traditionally a space only for the wealthy and well-connected, we believe in a future where private markets are more accessible to investors and fundraisers. By leveling the playing field we hope to create a more equitable economy, where inspiring companies are connected to inspired investors, whoever and wherever they are.
Leveraging our trusted brand, global networks and incredible team, we’re building a technology-enabled ecosystem that is as diverse and dynamic as our investor network. As we progress on this ambitious journey, we’re looking for energetic and creative people to support and leave their mark on our platform.
Fundnel is Southeast Asia’s largest private investment technology platform, building next-generation capital markets infrastructure to increase access and liquidity for entrepreneurs and investors. At the core of our deal-making expertise lie our proprietary algorithms that syndicate opportunities in private companies and PE/VC funds to our network of strategic investors. This, coupled with the expertise of our investments team, has led us to uncover more than USD6 billion worth of deals for over 14,000 accredited investors from across the globe. By augmenting access and liquidity for entrepreneurs and investors, we accelerate the creation of innovative solutions that will go on to impact our communities and societies at large.
We are headquartered in Singapore with a growing presence in 4 countries across the Asia Pacific region. Looking for passionate leaders to join our proven team as a Junior Data Engineer based in Mumbai, India.
We are looking for passionate Data Engineers with strong problem-solving skills and prior experience in building data infrastructure. You should possess end-to-end data engineering knowledge (dimension modelling to ETL to data warehousing) and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. As a Data Engineer, you would be involved in the agile development cycle and take ownership of various data tools from design to deployment.
- We have big plans to disrupt the traditional fundraising process for private businesses
- You will work with a diverse team of former investment bankers, strategy consultants and business owners in developing, monitoring, and improving products to facilitate the activity of private investing
- Everything we do is focused on helping build the private capital markets for the next generation of business owners and investors
- We work really hard but play really hard as well
Roles and responsibilities
- Work with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Software engineers to build and manage data products and the Fundnel Data Warehouse
- Design, develop, and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines.
- Solve issues in the existing data pipelines and build their successors.
- Build modular pipelines to construct features and modelling tables.
- Maintain data warehouse architecture and relational databases.
- Monitor incidents by performing root cause analysis and implement the appropriate action.
- Create, document, and monitor highly readable code.
- Obtain and ingest raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries etc.)
- Conduct and participate in code reviews with peers
You’ll be a great fit for us if you
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field with minimum 6 months of IT experience.
- Minimum 6 months of experience in designing, building and operationalizing medium to large scale data integration
(structured & unstructured) projects with Data Lake, Data Warehouse, BLOB Storage, RDBMS using AWS integration services.
- Minimum 6 month of Hands-on Experience in batch/real-time data integration & processing.
- Strong proficiency in handling databases using MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift.
- Solid background in programming languages like Python/Scala/Java etc. Python is a must.
- Build & maintain scalable ETL pipelines using Apache Airflow.
- Prior experience in using Big Data tooling (Hadoop, Spark) and a good understanding of functional programming
The Ideal Candidate Should Be
- Interested to work in the small business (startup) environment
- Possess a strong interest in fintech / financial services
- Interested in working with data, functions, and characteristics of companies
- Challenge conventional thinking and push design to achieve functionality and beauty
- Have a basic understanding of terms in financial statements and financial ratios
If you are interested, please send your resume to [email protected] Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please come prepared for an intensive round of interviews.