Job Location: Poway, CA
Under close supervision, this position is responsible for developing and programming integrated software algorithms to structure, analyze and leverage data in product and systems applications in both structured and unstructured environments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and communicates descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive insights/algorithms of limited scope.
- In product/systems improvement projects, uses machine language and statistical modeling techniques to include but not limited to decision trees, logistic regression, Bayesian analysis and others to develop and evaluate algorithms to improve product/system performance, quality, data management and accuracy.
- In both theoretical development environments and specific product design, implementation and improvement environments, uses programming language and technologies to translate algorithms and technical specifications into code.
- Completes programming and implements efficiencies, performs testing and debugging.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Applies deep learning technologies to give computers the capability to visualize, learn and respond to situations of limited scope.
- Adapts machine learning to areas such as virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, robotics and other products that allow users to have an interactive experience.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and two or more years of machine learning experience with a bachelors degree. May substitute equivalent machine learning engineer experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a basic understanding of machine learning concepts, principles, and theory.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow and apply basic machine learning knowledge, adapt standard techniques, and utilize the required diagnostics, tools and equipment, while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Must be able to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Strong communication, computer, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals, to produce appropriate documentation, and to present results to a limited internal audience.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is required.