Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Washington, DC
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Requisition Type: Pipeline
We are GDIT. We support and secure some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. At GDIT, cybersecurity is not just a singular part of our mission—it connects every one of us because it’s embedded into every aspect of what we do.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Data Scientist joining our team to support the Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration.
The National Nuclear Security Administration IT Managed Services (NIMS) is an exciting program performing IT support for the Department of Energy’s organization responsible for enhancing national security through the application of nuclear science by maintaining and enhancing the safety, security, and effectiveness of the US nuclear weapons stockpile. This support is provided in several locations across the US giving employees great options for geographically diverse work locations. The primary goal of the program will be to support the NNSA Associate Administrator for Information Management and Chief Information Officer (OCIO) in modernizing its IT and Cybersecurity Infrastructure and transforming current IT and Cybersecurity services to a managed service environment.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Data Scientist you will engage with customers, determine the nature of requirements and/or analytic problems, evaluate options, and offer Information Technology (IT)-based options and recommendations by using and/or developing a wide range of methodologies and analytic tools.
Further responsibilities include:
- Advise customers on IT methods and data needed and/or available to satisfy requirements.
- Develop IT solutions to enable the exploitation of databases and files and devise creative data collection strategies.
- Develop comprehensive software applications.
- Identify potential additional data sources and automate collection processes.
- Integrate, analyze, evaluate, and assess quantitative data (using statistical software, computer models, geospatial models, software languages, mathematical models, machine learning) to contribute to or develop IT solutions to requirements (software tools, analytic models, or reports).
- Conduct statistical, mathematical, geospatial modeling or data-mining analysis in partnership with other colleagues.
- Anticipate and project a wide range of possible outcomes using scenario/alternative analyses, machine learning, and agent based modeling or other advanced analytic techniques.
- Prepare and communicates a wide range of strategic, highly complex graphics, computational models/tools, or written/oral assessments.
- Leverage multiple data management tools to organize relevant information and make decisions.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 15 years experience.
- DOE Q, L, or TS clearance.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Full-flex work week.
- 401K with company match.
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career.
- Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators.
- Ability to make a real impact on the world around you.
Not sure this job’s the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.
Do you have a friend or colleague this posting describes? Let them know about the opportunity by clicking “Share.”
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Submit CV To All Data Science Job Consultants Across United States For Free