Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Mumbai
About General Mills
We make food the world loves: 100 brands. In 100 countries. Across six continents. With iconic brands like Cheerios, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley, and Häagen-Dazs, we’ve been serving up food the world loves for 155 years (and counting). Each of our brands has a unique story to tell.
How we make our food is as important as the food we make. Our values are baked into our legacy and continue to accelerate us into the future as an innovative force for good. General Mills was founded in 1866 when Cadwallader Washburn boldly bought the largest flour mill west of the Mississippi. That pioneering spirit lives on today through our leadership team who upholds a vision of relentless innovation while being a force for good. The awards and recognition we’ve received showcase our commitment to be a force for good:
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune 2022
- America’s Most Responsible Companies, Newsweek 2022
- 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 3BL 2021
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Human Rights Campaign 2022
- 100 Best Companies, Seramount 2021
- Diversity Best Practices Leading Inclusion Index, Seramount 2021
- Best Companies for Dads, Seramount 2021
- Best Companies for Multicultural Women, Seramount 2021
- Top 10 Companies for Executive Women, Seramount 2021
- Military Friendly Employer Bronze, VIQTORY 2021
- Best Place to Work, Canada, Greater Toronto, 2021
- Top 50 – India’s Best Workplaces for Women, 2021
- Top Workplaces in Brazil, 2021
- Asia’s Best Workplaces, 2021
Hungry for What’s Next
We exist to make food the world loves, and it shows. Our passion for people, doing good and creating delicious food has energized us for over 150 years. Breaking away from the pack is how we win, so we need your unique perspectives: your quirks, ‘crazy’ ideas, rigor and insatiable curiosity to make it happen. We want people who constantly experiment, embracing the new and bold, who keep pushing to turn ideas into reality, no matter how big or small. We’ve learned becoming the undisputed leader in food means continuously reshaping, reimagining and rebuilding— that only happens when you surround yourself with those who are hungry for what’s next.
For more details check out www.generalmills.com
General Mills India Centre
General Mills India Center (GIC) operates out of Mumbai and supports the global operations of General Mills. The center was established in 2005 and has grown in strength. Today, we are a vibrant and diverse team of over 1500 employees that come together to champion business services for the various global entities of General Mills in the areas of Business Operations, Analytics Consulting, Logistics, Finance, IT Development & Technology Consulting, Consumer & Market Intelligence, Sales Capabilities, Research & Development.
Digital and Technology team
Digital and Technology is the largest team in GIC, which focuses on understanding the latest and innovative trends in technology and leading the adoption of cutting-edge technologies at General Mills. The team closely collaborates with global business teams to understand business models and assess where technology can leveraged to bring efficiency and disruption. Be it AI/ML, Data Science, IoT, NLP, Cloud, Infrastructure, RPA and Automation, Digital Transformation, Cyber Security, Blockchain or Enterprise Architecture, GIC Digital and Technology has something for every technology enthusiast who wants to work here. Our MillsWorks initiative is where we bring agile@scale delivery model to life. Here, business and technology teams work cohesively in pods as ONE team, driven by a singular mission and focused on delivering value for the Company. Our employees, who work on large technology projects of strategic importance, are the Digital Transformation change agents.
Our service partnerships and employee engagement are centered on advancing equity and strengthening communities. We believe in an inclusive culture and trust in the power of people who have a passion for learning and growing with technology. We believe in “Work with Heart”. Work with Heart is focused on results, not facetime. If you are passionate about the latest in technology and want to make an impact on the digital transformation journey of a Fortune 500 company, we’re waiting for you.
Role: Data Engineer
The Enterprise Data Development team is responsible for designing & architecting solutions to integrate & transform business data into Data Lake to deliver data layer for the Enterprise using cutting edge technologies like Big Data – Hadoop. We design solutions to meet the expanding need for more and more internal/external information to be integrated with existing sources; research, implement and leverage new technologies to deliver more actionable insights to the enterprise. We integrate solutions that combine process, technology landscapes and business insights from the core enterprise data sources that form our corporate information factory to provide end to end solutions for the business.
This position will design & develop solutions for the Enterprise Data Lake & Data Warehouse. You will be responsible for developing/leading custom data lake solutions for advanced business intelligence and data mining.
Role and responsibilities
- Design, create, code, and support a variety of GCP, ETL & SQL solutions
- Experience with agile techniques or methods
- Work effectively in a distributed global team environment.
- Effective technical & business communication with good influencing skills
- Analyze existing processes and user development requirements to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, tasks and navigate through ambiguity & complexity
- Turn information into insight by consulting with architects, solution managers, and analysts to understand the business needs & deliver solutions
- Maintain strong technical skills and share knowledge with team members
- Work with system users, other members of the IT Department, software vendors, and service providers to resolve problems
- Support existing Data warehouses & related jobs.
- Task / Job Scheduling experience (Talend, Tidal, Airflow, Linux)
- Able to lead small projects/initiatives and contribute/lead effectively to the implementation of enterprise projects.
- Proactive research into up-to-date technology or techniques for development
- Should have automation mindset to embrace a Continuous Improvement mentality to streamline & eliminate waste in all processes.
- Train and educate internal team, IT functions, and business users
- Familiarity with real time and streaming data processes
Must have Technical skills and experience
- Technical understanding of GCP Data Tools
- Data warehousing concepts
- Big Data modelling concepts
- ETL Tools
- SQL, PLSQL
- Understanding of SAP Landscape
- Data Governance Tools (Any)
- Basic understanding of Cyber Security requirements
- 7-12+ years of relevant experience of working as a Sr Data Engineer or similar levels
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent academics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Electronics/Electrical from Tier 1 institute
Good to have skills
- GCP certification, Data Engineer Certification
- Understanding of CPG industry
- Technologies – Google Cloud Platform, SAP ERP, AI/ML, RPA, ETL,
- Masters /MBA from Tier 1 institute
Skill proficiency skills
- GCP Data Tools and Technology
- ETL Tool (Any)
- SQL / PL SQL
- Data warehousing concepts
- Data Modelling concepts
- SAP Landscape