Job Location: Warren, MI
Onsite: This position requires an employee to be onsite on a full time basis
GM is undergoing a major transformation, both in how we operate and in how we will influence the future of transportation. The Program Lead System Integration Engineer for the Software Integration Team position will put you at theforefrontof this transformation through your work integrating software and controls at a full vehicle/bench level. As a Program Lead System Integration Engineer, you will utilize virtual testing, bench testing, & vehicle testing to ensure that critical and complex features are properly developed and integrated into our vehicles. This position requires a deep understanding of engineering concepts as they apply to systems integration and will include problem solving and a high degree of interaction with other engineering groups.
- Lead Driver Information Strategy for VIP programs in launch
- Assess and document potential gaps in the driver information strategy.
- Identify the best CVF configuration (if applies) and support Test property planning .
- Support, implement and develop simulation strategies for Data displays to be used on the test property.
- Root cause Data displays Integration issues at the test property, document (SW PRTS) and track issues with Infotainment team and other interfacing teams as required.
- Participate actively on the development discussions related to Data Displays strategy to be consistent between the different brands/vehicle lines.
- Support BORs, demos, CVCR, Knot Hole rides and other events to provide status regarding Data Displays issues and performance.
- Actively participation on Infotainment forums to communicate opportunity areas, issues and discuss future developments.
- Use virtual tools to replace HW for early evaluations for major programs.
- Be on point to support LDE, Program Team, CM and CIE teams for display specific issues in the development fleet.
- Strong relationship required with Infotainment Program Manager
Additional Job Description
- BS in Engineering, Math, Physics, or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience in a related field
- Experience with VIP electrical architecture and serial data
- Experience troubleshooting distributed control systems
- Understanding of embedded software development, testing and associated tools – Simulink, NeoVI, Vector tools
- Understanding of the end user’s experience for displays in their vehicle
- Proactive / results driven individual with high levels of initiative to work with multiple organizations to solve integration issues
- Able to deal with high level of ambiguity
- High level analytical ability to resolve unusual and complex problems
- Demonstrated hands-on integration experience with automotive electrical interfaces
- This position requires legally operating a motor vehicle on a daily basis
- This role will require on-site support at both Milford and Warren facilities
- Experience with SIL or HIL development activities
- Strong understanding of embedded software and controls
- Experience on an integration team, IRT, or SMT
- Experience with Technical Program Management – Assigning tasks and following up
- 2+ years’ experience with embedded control systems and electrical devices
FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES: This role is posted at both the 6th and 7th level. The determination by HR and the HiringManager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate’s relevant experience and whetherthe role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us [email protected] In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.