Job Location: Bangalore/Bengaluru
Roles and Responsibilities
The senior data engineer is part of the APAC Data Science & Analytics team. The teams project portfolio includes data analytics for manufacturing, business, marketing, and tire performance. Associates come from a broad range of backgrounds and collaborate to develop new ways to analyze and model complex processes using the data available throughout the company and elsewhere.
- Develop an understanding of the business, technology, manufacturing processes, and data science related topics such as data systems (data sources, data gathering, storing) and business analytics (business reporting procedures & KPIs).
- Serve as an established specialist in a particular aspect of Data Science with a deep knowledge and mastery of a particular aspect of Machine Learning, Advanced Statistics, and/or Big Data technology to support large scale Data Science initiatives as well as lead Data Science projects in some instances.
- Grow the technical competencies associated with data engineering within the Data Science team through the personal development of new skills and integration of new technology into the team.
- Provide guidance to lower level Data Science associates and staff members in the areas of their expertise while still seeking guidance from more senior Data Science team members.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Master’s Degree in related (Data Science) field & 7+ years experience.
- Big data technology (e.g. HDInsight/EMR, Hive/Pig, HDFS/Spark, S3/blob, Kafka/Storm/Kinesis)
- Database design (e.g. SQL/NoSQL, knowledge of database normalization, graph database)
- Data flows tools (e.g. Python, R, Java/Scala, C++, git, CI/CD, CloudWatch, Apache Airflow, REST API)
- Data science tools (e.g. knowledge of machine learning algorithms, distributed computing, GPU computing, model serving)
- Demonstrated leadership skills, good communication, technical writing skills and ability to work in a team environment